PDA

View Full Version : Kid funnies

LarsMal
07-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I think DS thinks that DH literally makes money for a living!

A couple weeks ago DS asked DH if he could go somewhere with him (gym class maybe). DH said, "I'd love to go, but I have to go to work. I have to make the money so we can pay for gym class."

Today DS said something about DH coming home and I said he was still at work. He sat there thinking for a minute and said, very seriously, "Yeah, Daddy's at work. He's making the money." Cracked me up!

Any good funnies to share?

lil_acorn
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
My "baby" turns 4 today and I was talking about how he'll always be my baby and he's "mine mine mine". And ds says 'Nuh-uh. I won't be yours forever. When I'm 21, I'm going to be an adult & I won't be yours anymore". *sniff *sniff* but so funny.

lilycat88
07-07-2008, 02:43 PM
DD just turned 4 a week ago. This weekend we were doing errands as a family and DD had been talking basically non-stop since about 8:30 in the morning. It was now about 2 in the afternoon. DH and I were just about to lose it with over 5 hours of talking, singing and "why...why...why. I quietly said to DH "Has she shut up for one minute since this morning"? He whispered "no". DD piped up from the back "It's because I have so much questions".

We cracked up.

pb&j
07-07-2008, 02:52 PM
DS is 2.5 and starting to speak like a little grownup - it's so funny! Yesterday, he polished off a bowl of watermelon in record time, and noticed me looking at his empty bowl. He said, very seriously, "Mommy, I knocked that out."

DH is so proud! ;) :D

randomkid
07-07-2008, 03:20 PM
At 3.5yo, DD seems to have at least one of these a day. I know there is one from the other day, but I can't think of it. Here's her most recent.

She has a little cold, so I was giving her a decongestant before her nap yesterday. She asked "What's this?" I told her "Medicine. It's for your nose, so it's not so stuffy when you sleep." She said "You can't put that in my nose! It's not safe."

And this morning...she told me about a bad dream she had last night (I had to go in at 3:30 and comfort her). I keep trying to get her to understand that they aren't real. So, in my brilliance, I said "It's like a movie in your head" She started laughing, pointed to her forehead and said "A movie in my forehead? That's so silly, Mom!"

I just love these threads :)

sidmand
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
DS is funny (just turned three, a little speech delayed)...he has learned phrases and uses them totally appropriately, but they're odd things to say:

DS (passing gas) to DH: Whoa, did you hear that?
DH: Yeah, I heard that! (and smelled it he said to me...)

DH taught DS that when he says, "Who's the man?" DS replies, "Dada is the man." I've been saying "Dada is a dork" (yeah, we're an enlightened family :))

So at a birthday party over the weekend DH asks DS "Who's the man?" and DS replies, "Dada is a dork!" I just laughed and laughed.

LarsMal
07-07-2008, 04:22 PM
She has a little cold, so I was giving her a decongestant before her nap yesterday. She asked "What's this?" I told her "Medicine. It's for your nose, so it's not so stuffy when you sleep." She said "You can't put that in my nose! It's not safe."
:)

Too funny! DS has allergies and I wanted to give him Claritin when he was getting really snotty/sneezy. I told him the medicine would help his snotty nose (don't know why I chose those words). Now every time I tell him he needs medicine he says, "It will help my snots?" Except he always exaggerates the final word of a sentence, so it comes out- "It will help my SNAAAAWWWTS?"

niccig
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
When DH leaves for work he says "Gotta go make the donuts" - it's a reference to a dunkum donut ad years ago. DS was watching a Curious George episode about donuts, and he said that's what Daddy makes. We've taken DS to Krispy Kreme so he can see donuts being made, and he's visited DH at work to see his computer set-up for movie editing. But every time we visit DH, DS still insists that DH makes movies and donuts. DH shows him the movie he's working on, and then DS will ask to see the donuts.

SnuggleBuggles
07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
dS1 walked into our bedroom one Saturday morning recently and dh and I were spooned together, just cuddling. Ds looks at us, stops in his tracks and asks, "am I supposed to be seeing this?". I haven't the slighest idea how he got that kind of perception. Just what did he think we were doing? And how does he know about that stuff?

Beth

mdb78
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
dS1 walked into our bedroom one Saturday morning recently and dh and I were spooned together, just cuddling. Ds looks at us, stops in his tracks and asks, "am I supposed to be seeing this?". I haven't the slighest idea how he got that kind of perception. Just what did he think we were doing? And how does he know about that stuff?

Beth

The other day, our 6 year old nephew was asking us if our dd looked cute naked. We said "yeah, because she's a baby!" Then our nephew warned me, "auntie marizel you can't see uncle danny naked yet. " We said "oh no, thats not allowed" and then we asked him, "has your mom seen your dad naked?" He just blushed and ran away. :)

cvanbrunt
07-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I bought my almost 3yo DD a couple of the HA bucket hats. They are big on her but she loves to wear them. She handed one to me to wear and I pulled it on and it fit tightly on my head. She looked at me amazed and said "Mommy, your head is working!"

sarahsthreads
07-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Lately I have had less patience than usual with the *constant* stream of "why???"s, so I *may* have mentioned to DH a time or two that DD was driving me up a wall...

The other day the whys were non-stop and finally I gave this exasperated sigh and DD said "Mommy, am I driving you up a wall yet?" (With the implication that that had been her intention...)

But pretty much everything that comes out of her mouth lately cracks me up. 3.5 is fun! (Well, when she's not completely driving me up a wall.)

Sarah :)