PDA

View Full Version : Best diaper bag for a toddler and a Kindergartner

asha
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi,
I have a Fleurville Sling tote and love it when it is just DS2 or a quick outing where I dont need to take anything for DS1. However, when all of us are going out and I do need to pack some things for DS1, this one is too small.

Typically, I need two water bottles, a set of extra clothes for both kids, snacks for both of them and a bottle of milk (sometimes), a towel, diapers, wipes, changing pad, a very small camera, my wallet, phone, keys etc.

ETA: I love having pockets for better organization.

Not sure what I should get. Any suggestions??

Thanks ladies,
Asha

WatchingThemGrow
07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Could you leave the towel and extra clothes for DS1 in the car and just keep the bag you love? For most of my K students, we went months and months where we didn't really need to change clothes. Would a backpack work? I got a Jansport Equinox that has some great pockets, and it is comfy! I'm actually on my 2nd one since grad school.

asha
07-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Could you leave the towel and extra clothes for DS1 in the car and just keep the bag you love? For most of my K students, we went months and months where we didn't really need to change clothes. Would a backpack work? I got a Jansport Equinox that has some great pockets, and it is comfy! I'm actually on my 2nd one since grad school.

We went to the children's museum this weekend where we knew the kids would play in the water and get wet. SO, we had to take the clothes and the towel. The car was parked so far away that going back just to get the clothes would have been hard.

I am OK with backpacks, but DH for some reason hates them. I dont want to be stuck carrying the bag at all times. SO, backpacks are out of the question.

I hear you on the Jansports though. I love them. I am thinking of getting a Jansport shoulder bag for everyday use.

Thanks,
Asha