PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger BJCSS vs BJCSE questions

DomMom
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
So sorry for the long post and thanks for taking the time to read it!

Background:
I currently am using a Bumbleride Indie for my walking stroller. Not in love with it at all! There is no side support for my little guy (he's a side sloucher), and the fold is horrendous! (you know there is a problem when the nanny has to call me each time to ask how to fold and latch it)
So - based largely on comments on this board - I have decided to get a BJCS (either the classic or elite) and sell the Bumbleride. I cannot find one IRL (I live in St Louis), so I'm gonna have to go on faith here! I did take my DS to REI and sat him in the BOB - and his head is already almost touching the canopy! (he is only 13 months old and is 32") I did love the nice wide comfy seat for him though. So the BJ it is for us - since all the postings have said how great it is for a tall baby.

And I know, I know - some of this has already been discussed on this board; and I have gone back and tried to read as many of the postings as I can find. I do still have a couple of questions remaining I am hoping the board can help me with though! :)

So I am trying to decide if the Elite is worth the extra moola for us.

My questions are:

- I know the elite is heavier - does that really make it that much harder to push? (I think the weight of it and the Bumbleride are about the same - and I've been ok with pushing the Bumbleride up hills and such)
- Is the seat wider than on the classic? (I found a posting that said the seat width is 13" on the BJCSS - what is it on the BJCSE?) the specs show the elite is 2" wider overall but does that translate to a bigger seat?
- Are the butt to canopy heights the same on both?
- is the seating in the elite really that much more cushy/padded than in the classic?
- the specs for the elite talk about wider tread tires. Do they make a difference as far as being smoother going over bumps etc? Since there is no suspension I want the smoothest ride for DS (one other complaint about our Bumbleride is that going over the sidewalk gaps you can really feel it all the way in the handlebars so I know DS feels it - but I did place foam under his seat)

Thank you thank you for any and all help!

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Hmmm.... We looked at last year's "classic" before it was a classic, and ordered this year's Elite double. The seat dimensions, etc. will likely be different. I'm thinking hardly anyone will have access to both the Classic and the Elite unless they're in a store. What I would do is to call BJ customer service and ask them if they could measure/compare the 2 strollers side by side and help you determine answers to your quesitons. They've been really helpful to me.

I don't believe the ES has suspension like the ED does. Seems like it would have been a good addition. On the Elite, some things I do like are the parent console, the kickers for little legs to rest on, and the fantastic canopy. One quick thought... if you're planning on having another down the road, would they be close enough to warrant the double or could you get away with the single and a jump seat? Sorry to hear about the Bumbleride. I have a friend who lusted after the Queen B, and got it. Not sure if they even use it very much. Surely they must... I'll have to ask.

reissgirl
07-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm not totally sure about this but I think that the canopy on the Classic is different than the canopy on the Elite. I believe that the newer design of the canopy on the Elite accommodates more height. I haven't seen the Classic in person but I have seen the Elite. I can't find a store that carries the Classic - I wonder if there's a reason for that.

DomMom
07-11-2008, 09:40 AM
I've pretty much decided on ordering an elite. Anyone know where I can get the best price and best return policy in case I don't like it? I used joggingstroller.com for my Bumbleride and they were good - but their prices don't seem to be discounted.

Also - any suggestions on color? I'm looking at either the tan/black or the brown/tan. On the brown/tan - the tan looks yellow-ish in color - what does that look like IRL?

Thanx

clb
07-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Regarding the colors...
In the pictures, the red one looks red, black and maroon. The maroon is really red & black threads but from far away it looks maroon. I saw the tan/brown irl and I thought the color was strange looking too. I am trying to remember but I think is because yellowish part really the tan & brown threads.
I assume the tan/black one is the same too. I wanted to order the tan/black but was overly concerned that the color was too light and would show dirt. In retrospect, it is probably not an issue since the light color is on the canopy.

I ordered from ellabellakids. They are having a 10% sale now. The coupon code is on the main page. You'll have to check the website for the return policy.

WatchingThemGrow
07-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I have black. It is lovely!