PDA

View Full Version : tinkerbell gifts??

cchavez
07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I read that some parents leave tinkerbell gifts each nite for their kids while on their WDW vacation....what are some good things to leave. DS is 5 and DD will be almost 3......we are going in late october.

kimbe
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
That is a really cute idea. The first thing that came to mind -- how about glow bracelets or necklaces. You can get a tube of 15 bracelets at the dollar store.

I also thought that maybe for the first or last night a necklace with a charm would be really cute and something to remember the trip by.

I don't know how much you want to spend but what about some ponytail holders or hair clips. Disney temporary tatoos (they are EXPENSIVE to do at the park/resorts.) Our dollar stores have packages of 100 diecut stickers in Disney and Tinkerbell varieties. Magic wands would be cute! (You could make those!) Autograph books to use in the park.

Good luck deciding -- make sure you post what you ended up doing!

cchavez
07-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I picked up some of those die cut tinkerbell stickers to use as confetti. I also definitely want to do some glow jewelry. So far I have:
disney jibbitz, matching mickey mouse shirts, wall-e and princess activity books, and nemo glitter pens.

What else I want get for sure:
disney undies
disposable cameras (where can I get these for cheap?)
autograph books and pens

Other thoughts:
binoculars for animal kingdom
disney dollars
disney tooth brushes???

I figure the back to school section will have some cute, small, fuctional items plus we will also buy them one or two real souvenirs at the park. But I do need things for 8 days!!! My mil also found some cute cling on disney character stickers that can be use to decorate our hotel room window.....

I would love more ideas!

kimbe
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
OMG! You have the best ideas! I love the underwear idea. Cameras are brilliant! Disney dollars are brilliant too! I don't think that you would have to do it for all 8 days, but it sounds like you have enough to.

Thanks so much for the idea to do that!

What about cute floppy/safari hats for when you go to animal kingdom? (Gifts, yet functional!) Disney store always has sunglasses -- those would be cute. I don't know if they still have them, but last year the all star resorts sold Mickey straws for like 59 cents. DD loves them. What about a few disney post cards or note cards that they could use to write to relatives back at home?

Fun idea -- I am thinking about it all the time!

AddiesMom
07-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Do you live near a Disney store, right now extra 50% off clearance. I got swimsuits for $4.99, washcloths $0.49, t-shirts $2.99, pajamas $4.99, sunglasses $1.99 etc..... Sometimes they have the things that spin and light up cheap (they sell them at the parades for about $15)

Sometimes Target dollar spot has Disney stuff also.

cchavez
07-11-2008, 12:02 AM
I got their tshirts recently at the Disney store for 2.99 but the rest of the stuff was picked over.....Safari hats are too cute too!