PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy dollhouse dolls individually?

kayte
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Is there a place that sells a large variety or dollhouse dolls--races and different features (hair). I want DD to have a family set but I don't want to have to buy two different ethnicities to get a set that looks like our family.

I guess I should mention that I want the ones like PLAN toys or Ryan's room --that have big feet and are posable.

MMMommy
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't know if they still sell them individually or not, but I bought individual Pottery Barn Kids dollhouse dolls before Xmas. They had different mommy, daddy and children dollhouse dolls to choose from. At that time, they only sold them as a set online at pbkids.com, so I was surprised that they had them individually in-store. You might want to call and see if they still sell them individually now.

proudsahmof3
07-09-2008, 05:08 PM
PBK did have them in-store about two weeks ago, the last time I was there.

greatcanuk
07-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Ryan's Room sells individual dollhouse dolls. I'm not sure whether they are the older style (which I prefer actually) or the newer style, since you can't always go by what is pictured. I tried emailing them about it once, but didn't receive a reply. If you do go this route, I'd be interested to know which one it is.

Camille

WatchingThemGrow
07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I know our independent toy store used to have the individual people for $4ish each. Right now, they only have the family sets and sell the babies individually. Surely there are still some Ryan's Room individual people out there. If I see them on the web, I'll post a link.

brittone2
07-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Kathe Kruse dollhouse dolls are really cute (can't speak to their function...). I think I've seen them individually online.

You could also look for a solid all wood doll like something Holztiger or Ostheimer would make.

kijip
07-10-2008, 01:11 AM
My local toy store has them loose, I don't know which brand. Plus I have seen the PBK ones in store all sold separately, so you can mix and match.