PDA

View Full Version : Would you check your stroller as baggage?

HIU8
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Something happened and my post got incorporated into someone elses. Sorry about that. Here is the original post.

I am taking DS and DD to visit my mother in August. I will have DD in her carseat in a P3 through the airport and plan to gate check the P3 along with DS's Marathon (DS will use a CARES Harness on board). However, I will probably need my double as well. It's a Twin Rally (from 2003) that was given to me by a friend who was done using it. I was planning on bublewrapping it and then putting it in a dufflebag and sending it through as baggage. Should I gate check this as well, or will it be ok as a checked bag?

hillview
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I've checked my P&T in its bag as luggage many times with no issue. The packing you described sounds like it'd be ideal for checking it -- maybe label it fragile/stroller too!
/hillary

bubbaray
07-09-2008, 10:15 PM
You might only be able to gate check one stroller. Also, they might want you to unpack it for security. I'd definitely luggage check the 2nd stroller.

pb&j
07-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Yes, I would.

mrsallen415
07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I would definitely check the 2nd, but I would not pack it in a bag, i would get it to the airport, and maybe ziptie it together or something (i would definitely tie it together somehow). This happened to a friend of mine, she didn't tie her stroller together, and when one of the staff grabbed it to transfer it to another belt, her stroller opened, and instead of finding someone who knew how to collapse it back, they just took it apart. Crazy right? I know that some airport hand will sometimes throw luggage onto the belts, so I would be worried that something would get broken if it is in a bag. If they see that it is a stroller, they will be more careful. And another thing, depending on the aircraft, some will only let you check one stroller and one carseat.
Maybe try calling the aircraft the day before you leave. Ask about pricing too... some charge for more than one checked item.

Good luck!