PDA

View Full Version : My 9 month old doesn't want to nap

christiealyce
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Help me please!

My 9 month old has always slept well, but now that she can sit and stand by herself, she just stands up and cries when I put her down for a nap. I don't know if she knows how to lay down.

I need her to take some naps throughout the day.

Any advice to get her to lay down and sleep would be appreciated.

overcome
07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Have you ever heard of the Ferber method? AKA as cry it out (CIO). Here is an overview:
http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-ferber-method-demystified_7755.bc

It is REALLY difficult to hear your baby cry...but it worked for me. I followed it to the letter. See if you can find his book at the library.

Good luck

mominmarch
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Our little girl went through this at exactly 9 months too. It lasted 2 weeks, to the day. I have heard others say that it can last 3 or 4 though. It lasts until they learn to sit back down again. It is tough! But it really is a short stage. We did Ferber/CIO (and we still do) when we are sure that her cries are just mad cries and are not health related. My belief is that this stage though of pulling up but not knowing how to sit down again is really not something to CIO it through... you just need to go in and lay him/her back down, and keep doing it. They do eventually wear out and fall back asleep and I can pretty much promise you that in a month, they will be sleeping through again. However, then come teeth, then getting ready to walk, and lots of other milestones that have interrupted sleep for us. No one ever told me that once you get the baby to sleep through the night around 4 months, that it isn't like that forever!! But now I know that!