PDA

View Full Version : My love/hate relationship with Target

proudsahmof3
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Yesterday I started doing a baby registry online (more for myself than anyone - that way I have a list and know where I can find stuff I want), I get home from work, and waiting for me in the mailbox is a TargetBaby catalog with coupon card "start a baby registry and receive free $20 gift card":rolleye0014: . Well, I'm quite ecstatic, but also highly suspicious. I go to customer service with the coupon and copy of my registry, the cashier hands me my gift card, and I'm out the door before they realize the terrible mistake they've made :innocent: - hah! suckers! (no way this can be real, right?). I go today during my lunch break to spend the certain-to-be-phony gift card and am casually wandering through the toy aisle, anticipating my Christmas shopping. Suddenly, before me are entire aisles of toys marked 30, 50, 75 percent off! I found a wooden tool bench with accessories for $30, regularly $60! Also, birthday gifts for almost every child I can think of. As I'm rounding the corner to make an additional walk through to be sure I haven't missed anything, beaming with my good fortune, behold an employee in the next aisle with a scanning gun, marking everything down even further! Long story short - if you can tolerate Target, get there soon! Oh, yeah, and the gift card DID work. Holy frijoles! :hysterical:

nebwhit
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Any Playmobil on sale? We need to add to our collection.

Thanks,
Jennifer

proudsahmof3
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I didn't see any Playmobil on sale, or I probably would have snatched them up. But now you've got me thinking maybe I should go back and check to be sure. . .:wink2:

drcarpiodds
07-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Saw a whole bunch of baby items on sale too... 30% to 50% on gear, clothing, diaper bags...

hellokitty
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
There was one small set of playmobile for sale, like some kind of vehicle.

ecofem
07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Lots of toys on clearance at our Target...

Also, a Britax Companion Infant Seat for $139.99 (regularly $199.99)

fortato
07-11-2008, 06:51 PM
You are killing me.

Thank you for the tip.

I wonder if I could start a registry.....even if I'm not pregnant...