PDA

View Full Version : Medela Pump In Style Advance

Aurora11
07-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Anyone have a coupon or code that might help me save a little $$ on the Medela Pump In Style Advance? Thanks!

iaam
07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I bought mine last year from the following website: http://www.hackleyhme.com/

If I remember correctly, I paid $240 -- much less than any other retailer. I would suggest checking it out to see what they are offering now.

Good luck!

nabigus
07-10-2008, 10:59 PM
If you call around, you can most definitely find a better price than, say, Amazon. Medela has these weird rules about posting prices.

For instance, check out this: http://tinyurl.com/222wz3
Their Advanced Pump n Style Metro bag (which I'd REALLY recommend, because it's all modular, ie, you can take the pump out of the bag, unlike with the regular PNS) is $268 (free shipping), about $60 cheaper than Amazon.

I would definitely call around, since most smaller places aren't allowed to list the price online.

Mommy2Abby
07-10-2008, 11:10 PM
www.nursingmothersupplies.com has good prices on medela pumps - I don't know the exact prices (you'll have to call), but when I was buying my pump, they had the best price I could find.

shaee
07-10-2008, 11:35 PM
i bought mine from

http://www.addalittlelove.com/

You can email her for pricing... but i got the bagpack one for $215
and $5 shipping to CA.

ShanaMama
07-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Just want to let you know that my health insurance gives me a free pump. I got the Pump in Style backpack style shipped to my door, absolutely free. Call your insurance company to check if they offer anything similar.

mamatomax
07-11-2008, 01:43 AM
The Ameda Purely Yours pump is a cheaper alternative that not everyone knows about. It works really great.

citymama
07-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Just want to let you know that my health insurance gives me a free pump. I got the Pump in Style backpack style shipped to my door, absolutely free. Call your insurance company to check if they offer anything similar.

On this point, you should also check if this offer is time-limited. I had called my health insurance on this point, and they said yes, they do in some circumstances. I later found out that they only do so if recommended by your doctor or midwife while you are still in the hospital. So I would have needed to buy it while I was in the hospital - the minute I came home I was no longer able to avail of a free pump.

I bought my PISA backpack (modular kind as the PP mentioned) at Hackley Healthcare, which at the time, had the cheapest rates I could find and free shipping. You can find them via google.

Good luck!

m4mjay
07-11-2008, 03:34 AM
One option: I just got a pump from WIC. they give u free if you have mediCAL.

2nd option: Also, if you have a kit(includes equipment, pipes etc other than motor itself; i got one in hospital due to Medi-cal), you can buy "only" motor from someone on craigslist..it will be much much cheaper than buying new one complete set. This was the second option i thought if i would have not got one from WIC :)

maybeebaby08
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I would recommend Craigslist, BUT you have to be very careful, because you can not buy a used breastpump or share one because they are not like the rental ones, they are open systems, which means vapors from breastmilk can get into the motor, and if you buy a used pump the vapors from the other person can get in your milk and make your baby sick from different antibodies or diseases the other person could have. That being said, I bought a Brand New Still Sealed PISA for $100 on CraigsList, I would look there just make sure it's sealed and brand new, because some people will say it is but it's not. Good Luck!

mom2mack&max
07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I also bought mine from Hackley three years ago. At the time they had the best price and free shipping.