PDA

View Full Version : Tell me we're not starting a pattern here

ShanaMama
07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Well it's 12:13 am & I'm in bed since 10:45. Can I sleep? Nope. Am I tired? You bet.
Want to know what happened last night? I was up until four-freakin'-thirty am.:32:
I am exhausted. My entire body is aching. I am 39 weeks pregnant & I do not have patience for insomnia. Nonono tell me this isn't happening. If I don't get some sleep I'm gonna be one nasty woman tomorrow. I have no idea how I got through today.....

buddyleebaby
07-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Ugh.
I'm sorry.
I am right there with you and IT SUCKS.

tylersmama
07-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Oh, I SO remember those days. :hug:

For me, the answer was a combination of Tylenol PM (my doctor said pretty much any of the Tylenol medications were ok to take, including PM) and sleeping on the couch, which for some reason was more comfortable than the bed during end-stage pregnancy.

elephantmeg
07-11-2008, 08:35 AM
call your doc for ambien!

KBecks
07-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I try to tell myself if I can't sleep, I'll just lay down and relax and that's good enough. Sometimes it works and I end up getting a little sleep. I hope you feel better soon!

elizabethkott
07-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Here's hoping you got some sleep...
Those last few weeks can be so bad. :(
Is there anyone who can maybe take the munchkin for a little while today so you can go do something relaxing, like get a mani/pedi? Followed by a cupcake? Or at least lie down for a bit today?
(((((Hugs))))).

JTsMom
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Those last weeks are so hard! I required an army of pillows to sleep until I figured out that combining a warm bath with this fugly thing:

http://www.la-z-boy.com/furniture/product.aspx?pid=55 was the best sleep inducer in the free world. Plus it was great for nursing in, so I wa able to skip the nursery glider.

Wishing you some zzzzzzzzz's.

MontrealMum
07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Oh, I totally remember those days and I feel for you :( I slept on the couch too because DH *needed* his sleep. Looking back, I should have kicked him out of the bed, but anyways...I laid on the couch and read trashy romance novels and watched a lot of TLC! Not so great if you're stressing about getting to work in the morning, but I did find that I got more sleep doing that (although, certainly not 8 hours) than I did tossing and turning in our regular bed.

deenass
07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Call your doc and get some - it was HEAVENLY to sleep in the last few weeks of my pgy!

Drag0nflygirl
07-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Those last weeks are so hard! I required an army of pillows to sleep until I figured out that combining a warm bath with this fugly thing:

http://www.la-z-boy.com/furniture/product.aspx?pid=55 was the best sleep inducer in the free world. Plus it was great for nursing in, so I wa able to skip the nursery glider.

Wishing you some zzzzzzzzz's.

Ah yes, the Crandell. We call that the "big man's chair". I guess that applies to preggos too! I've had one soon-to-be mom of twins come in searching for a "not desperatly ugly" chair to sleep in. Turns out the only way she could breathe and sleep at the same time was in a recliner. She got over the ugly thing and went for comfy.

ShanaMama
07-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks for all the sympathy. DH is being a darling & I actually got to nap later that day. The next night I slept all night- but didn't wake up rested. Grrr! You just can't win. Hopefully tonight will be a sleeping & waking up rested night!!

niccig
07-13-2008, 12:31 AM
If you take Ambien, maybe only take 1/2. Those things knocked me out senseless. Turns out that I initiated and was fully enjoyed some, ahem, activity between the sheets, but I did not remember a single thing the next day. DH was crushed when I woke up sans pjs and asked what happened. 1/2 an ambien is enough for sleep and to keep your memories.

ShanaMama
07-13-2008, 12:52 AM
If you take Ambien, maybe only take 1/2. Those things knocked me out senseless. Turns out that I initiated and was fully enjoyed some, ahem, activity between the sheets, but I did not remember a single thing the next day. DH was crushed when I woke up sans pjs and asked what happened. 1/2 an ambien is enough for sleep and to keep your memories.

LOL that is too funny. I think I'll wait it out on the Ambien. I prefer not to take drugs unless I *need* them and I suspect my midwives won't be rushing to prescribe either. We'll see how the next few nights are & re-evaluate if I still don't get any sleep. Cutting out the huge drink of apple juice before bed might be a good start. ;)