PDA

View Full Version : Interest in oppostite sex at 3???

hillview
07-11-2008, 08:23 AM
DS is not yet 3. He suddenly adores girls!! This happened in less than a week and now he trails after any slightly older girl he sees. Is this typical?? It is hilarious and adorable. He wanted to switch seats at starbucks to sit closer to a 5 year old little girl. He wants to go to get ice cream not for ice cream but to see a little girl who is there while her did works there. Normal? Typical?
/hillary

Ceepa
07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Totally normal. Girls are different and interesting and throw out a different vibe than other boys do.

DS loves little girls, too. :)

megs4413
07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
My DD started doing the same thing at about the same age. For awhile she only ever wanted to play with slightly older boys.

wencit
07-11-2008, 11:27 AM
My son started doing that right around age 2. I guess he is an early bird, LOL! Even now, he knows the word "girl" but not "boy." Whenever he goes to a playground, he instantly hones in on an attractive older girl and follows her around like a puppy dog.

So I'm going to vote normal, too. :)

kedss
07-11-2008, 11:31 AM
DS had a few "girlfriends" last year in preschool, one of them has claimed him as " her guy" they are both about 4.5 now. :)

BillK
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Sounds right - I started at about 3 and never stopped - I'm 41 now. :ROTFLMAO:

kijip
07-11-2008, 02:25 PM
T is a big flirt with girls and has seemed to behave differently around them for some time. He actually spends time fretting over if his Halloween costume plans will be cute enough for his best buddy (who is a girl). :)

KBecks
07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Alek seems to like teen girls, and Johnny smiles at hot women (according to DH). I'm hoping to use their skills to make sure we always have good babysitter connections.

bubbaray
07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
DD#1 has her first "boyfriend" at daycare -- alas, he's going into G1 this September and is in the "girls are yucky" phase, so the love is most definitely not reciprocated.

She is sooooo hilarious, she say in the third person "when my hands see X, they start to clap and they don't stop". Its really funny and so hard for me to keep a straight face. Apparently, she was following him around like a puppy for the longest time, poor boy was quite annoyed (and he's shy on top of it).

Boy crazy at 4. Sigh.

StantonHyde
07-11-2008, 03:28 PM
DS and his best friend have been "together" for over 3 years now. For a good year or so they would talk about how when they grew up they were going to get married and have kids. But she wanted to live down the street from her mom and DS wanted to live at home. She is a nurturing kid and he just lets her run him around. He really likes strong women--hmmm-wonder why? :loveeyes:

Now that they have been in PreK for 2 years, they play with separate friends but the teacher says if either one of them is stressed they gravitate to the other to regain their equilibrium. When her mom said they would be in different schools next year she said, "I have to keep my weekend dates with Benny". I remember at one point he was soooo upset because she called it a date and he had it in his mind that once you went on a date, the next step was to get married and he was too young to get married! :love5:

scoop22
07-11-2008, 05:51 PM
i'm going with this is normal to.. ds loves to play with the little girls in the neighborhood. as for the boys he could care less. he talks about his "girlfriends" all day long.

kransden
07-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Crushes at that age are very typical. DD had one too when she was three. Then she has had two in kindergarten.