PDA

View Full Version : Target Reusable Swim Diapers?

Wife_and_mommy
07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Anyone have/used one regularly? I need to get one and was thinking about a Happy Heiny but the Target one is easier to get and cheaper.

I think the brand is Wee One or Wee Wave?

TIA.

caheinz
07-11-2008, 03:29 PM
They work fine. We used those and Bumpkins -- the Bumpkins were nicer (not lined, though), but the Target ones work fine.

Keep in mind that any swim diaper only catches poop. None of them (Pampers, etc included) are designed to catch pee.

MamaMolly
07-11-2008, 03:57 PM
The thing about these is that they stop solids but liquids go right through. We discovered this when DD peed all over my friend's stroller. DD still has occasional liquidy poops so I actually prefer the disposable kind because of this.

We used the Wee Wave ones.

pastrygirl
07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
The disposable kind only catch poop, too. They are not designed to hold in pee.

Wife_and_mommy
07-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I didn't find out until dd was almost two that they don't hold pee so thank you for sharing that. I do only want it for possible poop though.

I'm kind of at a crossroads. DS isn't potty training but he does indicate when he's about to poop. I've only ever had one swim dipe pooped in and it was 3 days ago. We're doing *lots* of swimming these days and I'm almost out of the sposies I've accumulated over the last 4 years. I tried to dry a sposie and it didn't work. ;) I don't want to buy more sposies so I'm willing to buy one or two reusable ones.

Wife_and_mommy
07-11-2008, 05:01 PM
The thing about these is that they stop solids but liquids go right through. We discovered this when DD peed all over my friend's stroller. DD still has occasional liquidy poops so I actually prefer the disposable kind because of this.

We used the Wee Wave ones.

The few times I've been too lazy to change his dipe to swim, it's been about to burst. It couldn't possibly have held poop. The dipe needs to fit snugly enough that it contains any poop. I agree that liquidy poop would be a disaster. If the dipe fit well, though, it might not leak.

lisams
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
We've used them and the swim trunks with the diaper built in and they've been fine. One time DS had peed and he went running and you could hear the pee sloshing around in there, it was kind of funny! As long as the leg holes and waste is snug, it'll work at keeping poop contained.

DrSally
07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I found out the sposies don't hold pee when I was holding DS at DH's bosses house (were about to go outside to play in the water) and their dog came up and scared DS and the pee dripped all down his leg and pooled on my shirt. Nice!

Wife_and_mommy
07-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for rec, ladies. I'll head to Target after we use up the few more I found today.

They should put a "warning" of some type on the package. I found out when a friend freaked out that someone had their toddler running around her house in a swim dipe. The mom had no idea if the toddler went that there'd be pee all over!

Thanks again!