PDA

View Full Version : wwyd - deal on a bunk bed?

salsah
07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
so we are thinking about getting a twin over full bunk bed and i just happened to notice one at a store in our area that is closing. it is beautiful, exactly what we want but we have to buy the entire set, including trundle and chest of drawers. the trundle i don't mind because it can come in handy. however we don't need the chest and i'm not sure where we could put it. it is gorgeous though and well made. so i think that we are still getting a good deal for all three pieces but we otherwise would have just bought the one piece. does anyone know what just the twin over full should cost. with the discount this will be cheaper than pbk or land of nod. i hate this feeling that i need to make a rushed decision before the store closes (still unannounced). should i jump on it, wait to see if they discount further (it is currently 35% off), or just ignore it?

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I just brought this twin over full bunk bed for my son and we love it.. we paid$899 for it...

http://www.asfurniture.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=1190008&ref=OSSearch&Ntt=bunk%20bed&Nao=8&langId=-1&Ntk=si_all&numberOfResultsPerPage=12&referrer=searchResultsPage&storeId=10101&Ntx=mode+matchall&catalogId=10154&N=0+4294967157

salsah
07-12-2008, 02:02 AM
it beautiful. did you buy online or from a local retailer? i don't think that i can buy furniture online -- unless i can see it irl first.

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
07-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I purchased it at the store....

Tondi G
07-13-2008, 08:29 PM
we got ours from Pottery Barn Kids and have been totally happy with our set. It was the price you see online! I looked around and almost bought a set for 900 online and went back to PBK. I am so glad cause our neighbors bought that set and their lower and upper bunks are so close it almost feels claustrophobic to me to lay on the bottom bunk. When she came and sat on our bunkbed she remarked on how nice it was that we could sit and read a story to our child without whacking our head! I would go and lay on the bunk you are looking at and make sure it's got a nice amount of space.

You can always sell the dresser if you can't make it work!