PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Moms!

LD92599
07-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Trying to decide which model to get - 8gb or 16gb. Help!

Anyone have experience with both an iPhone and another smart phone? I'll be using it most for email, iCal and IM once iChat works on it (sept).

Thanks!

ZeeBaby
07-11-2008, 10:31 PM
DH has one and it is wonderful. It works really well, great for email, surfing the web, etc.

shilo
07-11-2008, 10:55 PM
you all know i'm biased as he!! (DH has worked on the project both times). but don't forget/underestimate the added bonus of loading movies and kids shows onto the phone (via itunes or off your own DVD's with handbrake). it uses the speaker (same speaker as the speaker phone) to play the movies/shows complete with audio (without headphones - my toddler won't wear them). i can't tell you how many car trips, plane rides, long lines and restaurant waits have been salvaged by the thing! i have the original 8gb and fit cars, a little einstiens movie, a full length thomas DVD, and a dozen and a half mickey mouse club house and bob the builder episodes, with plenty of room to spare.

have fun deciding!
lori

pinay
07-12-2008, 12:12 AM
I have the 8 gb and it's been fine, but I don't put a lot of music or videos on my phone either. I use it for email, web access and the calendar feature mostly, but like the pp it's also been helpful w/ DD when she's fussy and I need to distract her w/ music or a short YouTube clip of her fave show.

kransden
07-12-2008, 11:38 AM
LOL! The DH waited 6 hours yesterday to get his. To be fair, his blackberry needed to be replaced over 3 months ago. All I could hear when he called me was "Hi ^%&*, Ho* a#e &*u?" So the wait was worth it :)! Anybody need blackberry power cords etc?

Which one to buy? You have to ask yourself this question - Will I use it as a media device i.e. to watch movies or play games? If the answer will ever be "yes" buy the bigger one. Nothing like being stuck in a line somewhere and being able to whip out the iphone to keep dc occupied. I can't wait until my contract is up to get one for me.