PDA

View Full Version : Ergo with infant insert?

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
07-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Does anyone have a Ergo with an infant insert? I just got my Ergo in the mail yesterday and it looks very comfortable and I think both my daughter and I would like it.. But I want to start using it when she's an infant so I'm thinking bout ordering the infant insert too but I was wondering if anyone had one and how they liked it.

WatchingThemGrow
07-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I used the insert with DS and loved it. He was so snuggly, and it gave him great head support. I felt like I was able to sit down with him in it (and my leftover belly) comfortably, which I couldn't always do with DD and the Bjorn Active. We used it for most of the first 2+ months, I believe. He's on the really long side, so he ended up sticking out the side too much after that. Then, he went straight up and down froggy-style. Also, I felt like he was "lower" on me in the Ergo/insert, so I could actually eat while he was in it.

I bought mine used on a CL far away, had it shipped, used it, then sold it on our CL for more than I bought it for. If we have another DC, I'll buy another one, but I knew I could get the cash back out of it right now to use for something else.

ellies mom
07-12-2008, 11:57 AM
The lady who sold us ours suggested using a folded up receiving blanket instead of the insert. It works great and doubles as a blanket.

Elja
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
We have the Ergo with the insert and have used it with DD for about a week now. So far so good. Because DD is small (8.10 pounds at 5 weeks old), the insert is a must. The only downside is that it does make her quite warm, which is a bit of a problem because we live in a very warm climate. I don't know about using a blanket (per a previous post). The nice thing about the insert is that extra padding on the edges, which helps support the child's head. Hope this helps!

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
07-12-2008, 09:22 PM
WOW.. thanks for all the quick responses.. I love this board!!