PDA

View Full Version : 2 days at MK or 1 MK /1 AK - wwyd?

fivi2
07-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi - I posted a while back about hotels and got some great responses, so I thought I'd try again. Our trip has changed some... It will now be me, dh, our twins who will be almost 3 (2 yrs 11mos) and my parents. We are staying at one of the monorail resorts (up to gps which one). Originally my older nephews were going, but now they aren't so things are changing. We will only be there 2 nights.

Our full day is definitely MK. it is a Friday in November. The problem is the park closes at 7:00 for MVMCP - we will not be going to that because the girls won't last long enough for it to be worth it. The Saturday we check out we plan on going to a park for half day or 3/4 day. (staying with relatives in the area that night).

So full day Friday at MK. My question is do we do MK again Saturday for the short day or do we do AK Saturday? The adults all want to do AK, but I worry that there won't be enough for the toddlers... Would you do 2 days MK or 1 day MK and 1 day AK?
TIA - and sorry so long!

eta: we will be going back in a couple years, so I am not set on doing as much as I can. I want to do what the toddlers will enjoy the most, if that makes sense!

Momof3Labs
07-12-2008, 03:44 PM
AK isn't my favorite park, and it isn't my kids' favorite park. But the Lion King show is spectacular, and the safari is fun. There's a play area in Dinoland, and a dinosaur ride that's like Dumbo but with 1/10 the lines. The Finding Nemo show is supposed to be great but we didn't make it there. Skip the bug movie - trust me. If the adults like roller coasters, Expedition Everest is fun. Oh, and the character breakfast at Tusker House is quite good, IMO.

If it's really what the adults want to do, you'll find plenty for your twins to do for half a day or so, too. I'd personally rather spend my limited time in Epcot, but I think that Epcot is a park that grows on you - it isn't an instant favorite for a lot of people.

I think that Saturday is supposed to be the busiest day at MK - you might want to consider that, too.

fivi2
07-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the input! I do like Epcot (haven't been in a long long time), I just don't think we have time to do it this trip. We will definitely spend a lot of time there on future trips! I didn't know that Saturdays were so busy at the MK... I guess I need to go check the crowd calendars! So much to consider even for a short trip!

Thanks!