PDA

View Full Version : Which Character Breakfast

cchavez
07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Chef Mickey?
Tusker House? Is this only Donald or do others show up?
Hollywood and Vine....I think this is what it is called...the one that has the little einsteins.

We will be staying at the Swan so I also don't want to drag the kids out of bed super early to get to one of these if I can help it.

cchavez
07-12-2008, 04:10 PM
We will have 6 full days to explore the park....Th through Tues (10/23-10/28). I would love to do MK Thursday but don't know what parks to do next....I am thinking we will be back at MK the following Monday and do Mickey's not so scary Halloween that nite. Any advice? Thanks!

Momof3Labs
07-12-2008, 05:54 PM
For character breakfasts, check the menus and character listings at www.allearsnet.com - we like Tusker House and Crystal Palace.

For which parks on which days, I'd check the crowd calendars at one of the tour guide sites and go from there. IME, it's best to avoid MK on Saturday. You also need to decide how much time to spend in each park based on what interests the kids, and I'd leave a flexible day to return to a favorite park (both of my kids voted for Epcot on that flex day, FWIW).

AddiesMom
07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I did Chef Mickeys since DD most familiar with those characters. My friend took her DD to the one at Animal Kingdom and she really liked that one. This year I am doing Crystal Palace since I want something different, and I want to save princesses (Norway) for when DD is older.

Why I chose Chef Mickeys:
-On Monorail line so can zip right back to MK
-We did last possible seating, about 11:15 and made it brunch instead. Place emptied out and characters came over several more times all to ourselves

Also, I brought a white pillowcase and fabric markers, each character signed it since they had the table to lean on. DD's favorite souvenier!

kboyle
07-14-2008, 05:24 PM
we are going to be in disney from 11/10-11/17 and are doing the dining plan, we have these set up:
mon: dinner at crystal palace (pooh & friends) MK
thurs: breakfast at Hollywood & Vine (DHS) Little Einsteins & JoJo and Golliath
Sat: breakfast at 1900 Park Square (Grand Floridian) villians/princesses/princes/fairy godmother (depends on when you go)
Mon: Chef Mickey's for departure breakfast

Rainbows&Roses
07-16-2008, 09:20 AM
we are going to be in disney from 11/10-11/17 and are doing the dining plan, we have these set up:
mon: dinner at crystal palace (pooh & friends) MK
thurs: breakfast at Hollywood & Vine (DHS) Little Einsteins & JoJo and Golliath
Sat: breakfast at 1900 Park Square (Grand Floridian) villians/princesses/princes/fairy godmother (depends on when you go)
Mon: Chef Mickey's for departure breakfast

Breakfast at the GF is Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter, Alice and maybe one more character. Prince Charming, the stepsisters, Lady Tremaine & Cinderella are the dinner characters.

smilequeen
07-22-2008, 04:30 PM
We didn't do any special breakfasts at the parks, so I can't help there. The Swan does have characters at breakfast, and we did do that. No reservations...just walked in and had breakfast with Goofy and Pluto.

We did the Little Einsteins lunch and he loved it.

aim3304
07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
This might not be real convenient if you are relying on Disney transportation, but we had breakfast last week at the Cape May cafe at the Beach Club and it was great. Minnie, Chip & Dale, and Goofy - and the food was really good.

sophiesmom
07-27-2008, 05:55 PM
I second the bfast at the Cape May restaurant. We just came back from disney, and had a bfast there w/ the characters. The food was good. You can walk there from the swan, and then take a boat to epcot or hollywood studios, or bus to MK.

sophiesmom
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
also, another suggestion for a character dinner.. Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. the dinner is 'thanksgiving like'... turkey, ham, potatoes, mac n cheese, stuffing, beans, gravy, bread. that is the only dinner you can get there though (family style for your table), but we love it! great apple crisp w/ ice cream dessert too. keep in mind the characters are the same as the cape may bfast (minnie, chip, dale, goofy, pluto).

hth!

Momof3Labs
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I have to say that the breakfast at Cape May and the dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern were two of our least favorite character meals food-wise (Chef Mickey's is the third). Everyone's tastes and experiences vary, but check the menus and make sure they appeal to you before booking!

egoldber
07-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Interesting. I think the breakfast buffet is almost identical at all the WDW restaurants. I like the Liberty Tree Tavern food pretty well. WDW character meals are not fine dining by any means though LOL!!! Its very hard to get good pix at Liberty Tree because it's so dark.