PDA

View Full Version : Run to TCP- 1.69 deals that you won't believe!

JTsMom
07-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I decided to stop in The Children's Place while I was out today, and about fell over when I saw some of the deals they had! There were a couple of racks in the little boy's dept. (nothing like this in big boys, and I didn't check girls) with stuff marked 1.99. The stuff was so good, I thought it had to be a mistake, but it wasn't! Then, the SA told me she had 15% off coupons to sweeten it, and I about passed out. LOL Here's what I got:

Jeans
3 pairs of track pants (there were tons of them, in a variety of colors)
3 tanks for my nephew
Windbreaker (matched the track pants)
2 pairs of the cotton, pull-on athletic shorts
1 pair dressier khaki shorts
1 pair cute little plaid shorts

All for 1.69 each!

At that price, I also saw several types of sneakers, flip flops, sunglasses, and really cute golf style dressy shoes.

I also bought 2 pairs of short pj's ( $5 ish) and 1 pair of 4th of July flip flops for 1.35! AND I used my Place Perks card on top of it all. Everything already marked down is an extra 30% off- so all of the matchable stuff, tons of T's etc.

HTH someone.

skohng
07-13-2008, 01:35 AM
wow! thanks for the post. i'll have to check the TCP by me.

Radosti
07-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Mine didn't have those deals. But I did find two stretchies for 99 cents each, minus 30% off, minus the 20% off printable... two for $1.10.

JTsMom
07-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Just checked the website, and you can find some of the stuff on there- not tons, but a little. There are lots of the matchable pieces, the pj's, and a few assorted 1.99 pieces. Just go to the outlet page.

hellokitty
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh no! I kept thinking there was some place I needed to go today and totally forgot until now about TCP. Ugh, why do stores close so early on sundays? It's one of the only days where I can go shopping w/o kids in tow.

DrSally
07-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I find different TCP have different markdowns. I used to live by one that had awesome stock and quick markdowns. The one by me now (in a mall) is not as good.

happi
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
What is the place perks? I really like TCP stuff.

missym
07-17-2008, 12:17 PM
PlacePerks is a customer loyalty program for TCP. For every $75 you spend, you'll receive a $10 reward coupon. Once you're signed up, points accumulate automatically from your online purchases, and there's a card the associate will swipe for in-store purchases.

www.placeperks.com (http://www.placeperks.com)

jenmcadams
07-17-2008, 12:42 PM
We're lucky to have TCP outlet in our local mall. I stocked up on shorts and T's for my little guy for next year and also got some shorts and few tops for my DD (I'm not as big of a fan of their girl's clothes). I went on Monday when our store was additional 30% off sale merchandise and I used the 20% off birthday coupon and got 16 things for $55. Yesterday, I stocked up more for next year and the additional % off had gone up to 50% off + the 20% off Bday coupon and I got 17 things for $40.

updacountry
07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
QUOTE=jenmcadams]We're lucky to have TCP outlet in our local mall. I stocked up on shorts and T's for my little guy for next year and also got some shorts and few tops for my DD (I'm not as big of a fan of their girl's clothes). I went on Monday when our store was additional 30% off sale merchandise and I used the 20% off birthday coupon and got 16 things for $55. Yesterday, I stocked up more for next year and the additional % off had gone up to 50% off + the 20% off Bday coupon and I got 17 things for $40.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that make you want to go back today and get 18 things for $30???? It makes me want to, lol!

mommymy
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I went today and it's and additional 50% off their sale prices. The saleslady said the additional 50% started on Tuesday (2 days ago). Lot of summer dresses for 2.50-3.50 and basic t-shirts for 2.50 in the toddler section. I didn't shop too much in the little boys section but did see similiar deals for oxford type shirts and lots of shorts. HTH.

JTsMom
07-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Ooooh, I'm going again! I think the do price adjustments too. :icon_twisted:

jenmcadams
07-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Ooooh, I'm going again! I think the do price adjustments too. :icon_twisted:

I asked about price adjustments and they will do them, but you basically have to bring everything back in and they scan it in as a return and then you repurchase it

jenmcadams
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Doesn't that make you want to go back today and get 18 things for $30???? It makes me want to, lol!

Totally :) I keep calling my sister asking her if she wants me to get anything. There were cute oxford button ups for $1.99 (before the additional 20% off)...it was crazy.

JTsMom
07-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh forget that! LOL It's not worth the dollar or so difference. That's one thing I love about Gap. They scan the receipt, and bam, there's your money. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

If you can't get to the store, check the website. There are a ton of 1.99 things on there right now. Short pj's for 3.99 and 4.50 too!

JTsMom
07-19-2008, 07:53 AM
I went to a different TCP last night, and they had next to nothing. I bought 1 polo for DS. Total waste of a trip. And the return policy, in case anyone else was thinking about trying it, specifies that the item can not have been marked down. Bummer, b/c the pj's I bought were more than $2 less.

hellokitty
07-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow, our store was an extra 50% off, but the deals were nowhere close to the deals the OP posted. Our store however is the most dumbed down version you can get, so maybe we just don't get the sales. I notice that it seems to be the issue in our town, I go to larger cities an hr away and the same chain will have fantastic sales.

mommy111
07-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I was planning on going tomorrow and wondering how I can get the birthday coupon. Searched retailmenot etc but couldn't find it.
Thanks!

Tondi G
07-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I was planning on going tomorrow and wondering how I can get the birthday coupon. Searched retailmenot etc but couldn't find it.
Thanks!

Does this work?

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EmailJump?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&jumpId=JulyBCCa&age=7&CodeId=CLUBEI72ERK78&cm_ven=Emails&cm_cat=070108&cm_pla=JulyBirthdayClub&cm_ite=CouponT

mommy111
07-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Got that just in time :)