PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take after DC did it take for your cycle to regulate itself?

HIU8
07-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I'm 3 days late. I have never been spontaneously late before. Yes, I have 2 DC, but they were both conceived in the RE's office technically. DH and I have been together for 6 years and have never gotten spontaneously PG on our own. So, since DD was born a year ago my cycles have been roughly 25 days (sometimes 24 or 23). So, today is day 28 and still nothing. I tested this morning just in case and got a BFN. I do not think I'm PG. However, like I said, I'm never late, usually on the dot or a day or so early. Could my body be going through another readjustment or is it more likely I may be PG? If I don't get AF by Monday (will be 5 days late at that point) I'm going to call my OB. I'm just so frustrated right now...

Wife_and_mommy
07-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't think it's out of the range of normal for your cycles to get longer. Mine went from longer to shorter.

I'm sorry you're frustrated with it but I'd wait it out and enjoy it not having arrived. How's that for positive thinking? :)

MamaMolly
07-12-2008, 10:21 PM
AF came back like clockwork about 3 months after I had DD. Yippie freaking skippy. I even EBFd. I feel so robbed!! But like the PP mine got a little closer together, but it within 2-3 days on either side. Like you said, if no visitor by Monday I'd retest and call your OB to see what they have to say.

momtoonegirl
07-13-2008, 02:41 AM
It took about a year for my cycles to return to normal. Before I was pregnant, I was 28 days on the dot regularly. After pregnancy I am 25 days, +/- about one day usually. I have had maybe 2 that have been 28 days, and have also had BFN on pregnancy testing. Usually AF came within a day after. But I agree with the PP, if you are 5 days or more without AF, I would retest and/or see your OB.

zephyr
07-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Pre- baby I was usually 28 days. Now I'm anywhere from 28-35 days. It's not unusual for me to get AF a week late. I also hated the not knowing part but I have accepted that it's probably never going to be consistent like it used to be. Hang in there...

HIU8
07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
AF came back 4 weeks after DD was born. Since then I have been 24-25 days. Once I was 27 days. I actually called my OB and am waiting to find out if she wants me to wait a few more days or come in.