PDA

View Full Version : question about beds with a footboard...

Babywhite
07-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I usually choose beds that don't have a footboard; however, I found 2 beds for DD that I really like...and both have a footboard.

Does the footboard make the bed a lot harder to make up? Time is always pressing in the mornings, and DD likes to make her own bed. :) (I don't want to do anything to discourage that behavior... :))

Here are the trundle beds that we like...
http://www.kidsfurnituremart.com/kids-beds/full-beds/mystyleslatbed.cfm

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?ItemID=144043e&GrpTyp=ENS&CmCatId=SearchResults

TIA for your help!

MamaMolly
07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Oooh, I like them both. You have a tough choice ahead of you! ;) IME it is a little easier to make up a bed with a footboard because you don't have to worry about getting the covers even on both sides AND at the foot, you just tuck the bottom in, IYKWIM. But I do think changing the sheets is a little trickier. HTH a little.

kristenk
07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I agree that changing the sheets is more difficult, but making the bed is easier. DD's comforter always stays tucked in at the footboard, so there's not really anything to do.

Wife_and_mommy
07-12-2008, 11:31 PM
DD's is almost identical to the slat one you're considering. I think her bedrails cause more of an issue than the footboard, honestly. The footboard isn't very tight-fitting to the mattress, iykwim.

I have no idea when we'll remove the rails after having a child fracture a bone. We're paranoid now about willingly putting them at risk of falls.:ROTFLMAO:

TahliasMom
07-13-2008, 01:11 AM
[QUOTE= The footboard isn't very tight-fitting to the mattress, iykwim.[/QUOTE]

dd's bed is from jcpenneys, allie model, and i agree with the statement above. we have changed dd's bed twice and no issues. making it has not been an issue either. other the other hand, my bed is a PITA to make as the footboard is flush with the mattress. so i understand ur concern.

salsah
07-13-2008, 02:06 AM
i would go with the second one because (aside from the fact that i like the way it looks more than the first) with the first one, you have to tuck everything in neatly because it will show thru the slats of the footboard. w/ a solid footboard, you can't see the sheets, balnkets, duvet so it doesn't matter if they are all lined up and even etc.

Babywhite
07-13-2008, 11:03 PM
If I understood you correctly, you have the exact bed

(from JCPenney) that I'm considering? If so, are you happy with the bed's quality, etc.?

Thanks for your input!