PDA

View Full Version : ISO Inexpensive Site for Children's Books

onjbj
07-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Hi- I generally buy books on Amazon, but is there a less expensive site? I'm looking for Fancy Nancy books for my classroom. I'm checking some out on Ebay, but wondered where you all go for good deals on books. Thanks!

Karin

agvet98
07-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Sort Floor Books is a good one. Free media mail shipping and low prices. Problem is that they won't necessarily have what you're looking for. But if they do, it's a great bargain. http://www.sortfloorbooks.com/

There's Deep Discount, which has a greater selection that Sort Floor and sometimes great prices, but other times just a few cents different than Amazon. http://www.deepdiscount.com/

Looking forward to what else people come up with!

kcimato
07-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Costco had them recently for $10 each

onjbj
07-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the input so far. Amazon has them for $11.45 with free shipping on over $25. The Costco price is good, but if I factor in driving there (the nearest one to me is 40 minutes away) and tax, Amazon is still a better deal so far anyway....

Karin

hillview
07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
I love sortfloor books and also get some specific books at overstock.com.
/hillary

thomma
07-14-2008, 08:57 AM
I use sortfloorbooks.com but haven't had any luck finding fancy nancy books.

You could try www.bookcloseouts.com

A friend recently told me to check out alibris.com

There's always scholastic book orders. I know they had FN books last year...I bought a bunch for bday gifts.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

pjsmom30
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
bookcloseouts.com is awesome! And they often have a coupon code. I have gotten hundreds of dollars of books there for CHEAP!!

Gina

onjbj
07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Bookcloseouts had a Fancy Nancy for more than 50% off- so thank you very much for that!! I also wound up with $30 in Amazon gift certificates from an on-line research group that I am a part of, so that was a nice surprise for my Fancy Nancy collection!

Karin

Bean606
07-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I always find that overstock.com has better deals on books than amazon. I also buy from kidsurplus.com and sortfloorbooks.com

onjbj
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Overstock's price for Fancy Nancy is a little better, but with shipping, Amazon squeaks in for a little less. I had other things to order, so I got free shipping through them. I'll keep the other sites in mind though- thanks!

Karin