PDA

View Full Version : Upolstered glider chair suggestions?

mom2mack&max
07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
I really want to get a chair that glides or rocks for the nursery instead of a traditional glider. I don't want to spend a ton of $$ and was wondering if anyone has found one for a good price that is comfortable.

theCAS
07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
We got a Best Chair (can't remember the name/model # right now). The ottoman that we got with it also rocks which is v. nice. I think it was in the $400-450 range for both the chair and ottoman. They carry this model chair locally at our USA Baby and Nebraksa Furniture Mart.

Christyscmh
07-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes, I love Best Chair as well - I have one in my living room :bowdown:

LeggyNic
07-23-2008, 07:27 PM
I too have been looking for a rocker that is not a traditional "nursery" glider. I've found a couple smaller styles of La-z-boy and Flexsteel at my local furniture stores that I can order in the chocolate fabric color I like....with extra stain resistance.

Macy's is also having a sale at their furniture gallaries and I'm going to look this weekend at their "Orlando" model.

jgenie
07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I have a Best chair in the nursery. I bought the Peyton style in their Storybook line with the matching ottoman. I LOVE it!! I was just telling my husband it was one of the best purchases we made - I spend a lot of time in it and find that it is super comfortable. I bought a solid navy fabric because we plan to use it in the family room eventually. Good luck!

ray7694
07-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Another vote for the Best Glider. I got mine through JcPenney. I chose a neutral color so I can use it in my home after the kids have outgrown it.

mommyp
07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
We also have a Best Chair glider and ottoman that we got at USA Baby. It is wonderful, we use it all the time.

Babymakes3
07-24-2008, 06:46 PM
I recommend checking out your local craigslist.com area for gliders. I just bought a barely used Dutailer for $100! Very happy with my purchase! I took the cushions to the dry cleaner and cleaned the rest of the chair, it wasn't dirty i am just neurotic.