PDA

View Full Version : Random question about a skirt...

beansprout13
07-15-2008, 10:13 AM
So in a crazy Ann Taylor loft clearance sale frenzy late last summer, I bought this yellow summer skirt for dirt cheap. It is a really pretty skirt, very light weight, very casual (wear with flip flops, etc) -- only issue is that it is totally and completely sheer! So what do I with the skirt now?

Can I wear a white slip under it or would that look weird given how causal the skirt is? Do you think a tailor could put some sort of lining in it? Or should I just give up on wearing the skirt and chalk this up to a learning experience and stop buy things on super clearance?!?!

hillview
07-15-2008, 10:32 AM
I'd take it to a good tailor and tell them what you paid for it and that you don't want to pay a lot but what can they do. If it is a good person they will be able to advise you. We have a local woman who I've taken things like this to and sometimes she says you can do xyz for little $ and sometimes she says she cannot help or it isn't possible.

Plan B -- sell to exotic dancer!
GOOD LUCK!
/hillary

elizabethkott
07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't think it would be that difficult for a good tailor to put a liner into the skirt. Perhaps something in a lightweight cotton or linen that's in keeping with the light, airy quality of the skirt?
Hey - it can't hurt to ask, right?

pinkmomagain
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Since it is a casual skirt, can you wear leggings underneath?