PDA

View Full Version : Gliders for short moms

Eve
07-15-2008, 10:36 AM
i'm looking for a glider but i am only 5'1" and i can't seem to find one that fits me. a lot of them are too big for me. and some are too tall (my feet can't reach the floor properly if i sit all the way back).

if there are any short moms out there that have a glider they love that fits them please send me some suggestions.

poppy
07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I am the same height as you and my glider is very comfortable and can reach the floor by using my nursing ottoman or just the ottoman itself. I got a gently used one on Craig's List. But I think a reclining Lazy Boy would probably be comfortable as well.

misshollygolightly
07-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm loving the Sharmag (Shermag?) my mom bought me at BRUs. It came with an ottoman and both fit me perfectly (I'm 5'1 3/4").

ThreeofUs
07-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I'll second the Shermag - just bought it a couple of months ago from craigslist, and I'm loving it.

Also, many La-Z-Boy rocker/recliners are made for shorter folks. We're going to get one a little closer to birth.

gardengirl
07-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I tried a couple of upholstered gliders from Best Chair recently that were good. I'm 5'4", but I have short legs (long torso) so I often have this problem too.

Christyscmh
07-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Check out Best Chairs Storytime Series Patoka glider (it's pretty petite) as well as their Nava and two others that are still petite but a little "cushier" (yep, I make up words sometimes), the Peyton and the Jory. Hope this helps!:)

azariah99
07-15-2008, 09:51 PM
I haven't bought one yet, but sat in a Best glider in the store that seemed to fit me pretty well. I'm 5'2