PDA

View Full Version : Another silly gardening question from Virgin Gardener Extraordinaire :)

Christyscmh
07-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I have started growing a few container gardens of vegetables. The ones I am referring to in this post are my yellow summer squash and my cucumbers. There are a few leaves that are dried up around the edges and appear to be dying. Am I to remove these from the plant for its overall health? And if so (here's the really stupid question) do I remove these leaves with scissors or just pluck them off? I am really proud of my veggies and don't want to do anything to harm them. This is my first bout with gardening and so far I'm doing well! Can anyone help please?:loveeyes:

lizajane
07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
i think i probably pulled some off sometimes and other times didn't bother. i don't think it will matter too much. you can just pull with your hands, just make sure you don't yank and tear the stem. if they are dry, the are not taking moisture from healthy leaves/vegetables, so you really don't need to worry. also, be sure they are getting enough water, but don't overwater, as that can also lead to yellowing leaves.