PDA

View Full Version : How common is it to get AF if you're pregnant?

zephyr
07-15-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm just really curious because of what's happened. I usually have breast tenderness before AF is due, like a week before and then it goes away as soon as AF arrives. Well AF ended two weeks ago but the pain and tenderness is still very much there. Any thoughts? If this continues for another week I will get a blood test at my OB's.

kellij
07-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Why don't you just get a pee on the stick test? They're super cheap at the dollar store and then you won't have to worry/think about it any more. You'll have your answer!

zephyr
07-16-2008, 01:03 AM
I already did that a couple days ago and it was negative.

kijip
07-16-2008, 03:41 AM
It is rare. It happens, but after a couple of weeks and with a negative urine test, I'd assume I was not pregnant. If you were pregnant, hcg should register by now. Get a blood test sooner rather than later just to see.

Ryemom
07-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Not sure what AF means but I got all negative pregnancy tests (well one had a really faint line that you had to bring to the window to see....) and here I am 23 weeks along.

don't know what happened with the pregnancy test as all my other kids were a strong positive when I used them. Come to think of it, I used an ovulation predictor that also never worked either but yet here i am!