PDA

View Full Version : Another question on the Urbe

atlbkk03
07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your inputs on the Inglesina Urbe in my previous post. Now I am really leaning toward the Urbe, but could you explain the fold mechanism of the Urbe? Is it one-hand fold? How small does it get when folded? I meant does it fold like any umbrella stroller or it just folds flat without closing the 2 handles into each other (reducing its width)??

Please help me again.

Celsior
07-16-2008, 12:24 PM
I, too, have been looking at the Urbe. But I've just read a review claiming that unlike the Zippy, the Urbe lacks a one-hand fold. I suspect that this is but one reason why the Urbe has not been that popular and is now discontinued. Now I'm drawn to the Baby Planet. The Solo Deluxe model is priced excellently through an Amazon.com reseller.

cmmama
07-16-2008, 05:23 PM
It folds in a bit, more umbrella to me than a flat fold. You fold it by kicking up a lever and then dropping it to the ground. It's an easy fold, but not one handed.
However, to me the urbe is much less stroller than the Zippy. IOW, the urbe feels like a full-featured umbrella to me, rather than a full-sized stroller.

In any case,

here are the folded dimensions
40.5 L
12 W
16 Deep (that includes the wheels sticking out)

hth!