PDA

View Full Version : Flowers

Sopamanda
07-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Help please, ladies!

I have a sister who just lost a kidney. Does anyone have experience with sending flowers and not getting crappy flowers at inflated prices? Any companies you trust/have codes for?

Thank you so much!!

Sopamanda

Swimfreak78
07-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Help please, ladies!

I have a sister who just lost a kidney. Does anyone have experience with sending flowers and not getting crappy flowers at inflated prices? Any companies you trust/have codes for?

Thank you so much!!

Sopamanda

I typically will order directly from the hospital flower shop. The proceeds are put back into the hospital and I find I can get more flowers for the money I pay. Also, you may want to check and make sure she can have flowers, you can't have them on all floors.

HTH

rds97
07-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I have always had good luck with 1800flowers.com and proflowers.com. Both usually have specials, and the quality is always excellent. I don't have any coupons right off, but try retailmenot.com.

ThreeofUs
07-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I typically will order directly from the hospital flower shop. The proceeds are put back into the hospital and I find I can get more flowers for the money I pay.

Me, too. Or I'll call the hospital and get a recommendation for a good nearby florist. I've just had too many bad experiences with FTD and online providers.

jerigirl
07-16-2008, 06:23 PM
If you do a search on this board, there have been a few threads on this in the last few months. ( I think around mother's day...) IMO skip the middle man and call directly to a local florist. You end up paying service charges for online orders.

rds97
07-16-2008, 08:23 PM
If you know a good local florist, then yes, I would call them directly, but I just know there are some really crummy florists out there, which is why I usually use the 2 I mentioned for out of town flower deliveries. I think when you use FTD, the flowers actually come from a local florist (some of the others may do this as well), but ProFlowers and 1800Flowers ship directly from the grower - so you know exactly what you are getting (and not carnations and baby's breath). Just my .02.

Sopamanda
07-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks ladies. I called the Hospital and they recommended a local florist. In the crisis of it all your advice helped expedite things and just make it easier.

Thanks again-
Sopamanda