PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had Cold Stone's red velvet cake?

fattytuna
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm getting a cake from Cold Stone for DD's 3rd b-day party. I want to get the Strawberry Passion but I'm wondering if any of you have had the red velvet cake - is it really really sweet? I'm debating if I should substitute with the yellow cake instead.

***** ETA *****
Thank you for all your replies! I ended up getting the Strawberry Passion (with red velvet cake) - it was really good! Personally I'm not a big fan of sweet cakes. The red velvet cake is very mild, which, along with the ghram cracker crumbs, balances out the strawberry ice cream. Everybody including DD loved it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/fattytuna/nattiebug/DSC_5760_2.jpg

zephyr
07-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I haven't tried the strawberry passion but I have had the Chocolate Chipper and that one was not too sweet. I don't think it was rich at all. Also I've heard a lot of people say the oreo one is really good.

fattytuna
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I haven't tried the strawberry passion but I have had the Chocolate Chipper and that one was not too sweet. I don't think it was rich at all. Also I've heard a lot of people say the oreo one is really good.

Thanks for your reply - I wonder which one kids prefer? I did read somewhere just now that the red velvet is very moist?

zephyr
07-16-2008, 11:52 PM
To be honest, I think my almost two year old would eat any of the cakes from there, because he likes chocolate. But the Strawberry Passion sounds good, also Cake Batter Confetti looks yummy as well as the Cookie Dough Delirium I think would all be good for 3 year olds, if your daughter likes those flavors. I know I would eat any of their ice cream cakes, they're delicious!

luvmypeanut
07-17-2008, 12:17 AM
I got it for DS's bday and it was really good. The cake wasn't too sweet at all and quite moist. They make them fresh daily, I'm told. I froze a quarter of it and it was still good a week later.

fattytuna
07-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Thank you, ladies! I will go for the strawberry passion since DD really likes strawberry.

hellokitty
07-17-2008, 06:59 AM
I got he strawberry passion cake for my DH's bday a few months ago. We didn't like it as much as their chocolate ice cream cake. I don't know what it was, but it was kind of bland tasting.

elephantmeg
07-17-2008, 12:01 PM
their raspberry one is divine!

tazzy
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
the red velvet is my absolute favorite. it's delicious and super moist and not sickeningly sweet at all.

Happy Mommy
07-17-2008, 03:12 PM
The red velvet cake is VERY good. FWIW, my only issue would be all of the red food dye for a children's party. My DD has had hyperactive reactions to red food dye a couple of times and it's not too pretty.

C99
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
It's really good! I got it for DH's birthday a few years ago and it was so good! I don't even like ice cream cake normally, but this was really good!

Globetrotter
07-17-2008, 11:53 PM
I bought the Ghiradhelli one the other day. MMMMMM... so good!

I skipped the red velvet because of the food dye!

Kris

fattytuna
07-23-2008, 01:51 AM
deleted...