PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Snap N Go type strollers

ShanaMama
07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm comparing the frame strollers which accept infant carseats. From what I can tell the two main brands are Kolcraft Universal Infant Carrier & Baby Trend Snap N Go. I'm wondering if anyone can clue me in to pros and cons of either one. Both seem to be about the same size, I found comparable prices. The Snap N Go may be a couple of pounds lighter. Anyone have any compelling reasons to buy one over the other? Plus any great deals would be appreciated. TIA

beansprout13
07-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I have the Snap N' Go and I really like it. However, if I was a bit taller, I would have gone for the Maclaren Easy Traveler hands down (Maclarens are a bit tall for me). I "test drove" the Maclaren and it was super nice. It is about $10-$20 more than the Snap N' Go, but I thought it was much nicer to handle.

pillsnberries
07-17-2008, 10:00 PM
We have the Baby Trend version. There is also a Graco version. I compared the Graco and Baby Trend at BRU. The Baby Trend seemed higher to me (husband is tall), and it had a storage compartment and 2 cup holders on the handle bar (Graco doesn't).

Besides the light weight, the one other thing I love the most is that I can fold it up and lift it into the car with one hand.

I highly recommend this for all new parents! No need for a full size stroller or travel system before the baby comes...just get this and a carseat!

Celsior
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I've been using the Graco version, the SnugRider, for DS for 9 months now, all while putting off the purchase of a "real" stroller. DW and I have been very happy with it, and we'd highly recommend it for those with Graco infant car seats. We experienced the harsh Chicagoland winter, so we didn't really feel the need for a full-blown stroller while our son was so young.

alirebco
07-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I also love the Maclaren snap n go. We have this one and use it with our Chicco Keyfit carseat. It folds down the smallest and has a huge basket. I also liked how the handles are a little higher so it is easier for me to push.