PDA

View Full Version : camping with 5 week old?

jessejo28
07-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi all, we are aching to get out and wondered how you go about tent camping with a little one? Specifically, how do you sleep with baby (between sleeping bags, in with you, etc)? Worries about bug bites and disease, would slinging help with that ie keep bugs off if he is covered? He is EBF so no concerns there. We were not even going to consider going with my Dad until I read that many people go camping with their kids pretty early on. any suggestions? thanks, Jessica

KpbS
07-17-2008, 12:21 AM
I say go for it! Slinging definitely will help with bugs, sun exposure, etc. I have gone camping for years with DS and my best friend has brought her babies since they were 6 weeks. They are so portable when they are so small. If you have a travel pack and play and a larger tent (assuming you are tent camping) that could be a good plan or perhaps you could borrow one of these travel beds from a friend
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534592&cmSource=Search

We brought our bouncy seat which was very handy (this could work for sleeping too). Have a great time!