PDA

View Full Version : Best stroller for travel?

wendibird22
07-17-2008, 06:18 AM
DH and I will be taking DD to Orlando (and Disney) in Feb. ISO of stroller that will travel well through the airport and be comfortable enough for DD to spend a good length of time in and relatively easy for us to use/navigate. DD will be 19mos at the time of the trip. I'm thinking something lightweight and easy to fold as DH will be traveling back home with DD alone (I have to leave before them), so he'll need to be able to manage her, our MA, a diaper bag, and a stroller all on his own through security.

lorinick
07-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Have you checked the the Mac Quest or Mac Triumph? Both really light and steer great. Great stroller for Disney!

iaam
07-17-2008, 01:40 PM
We used a Peg Perego Aria OH for recent trips to Canada and Mexico and loved it. It's easy to fold and unfold (one-handed) and is fairly light (~10lbs). We gate-checked it each time, without a problem. We took it on some decently rough 'roads' too and it steered quite well. My only complaint is that the cup holder is tiny, and since it fell off on the very first flight, ended up being totally useless!

salsah
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
the bjcm might be a good option -- light weight, unbelievably easy to fold, great canopy and full recline, great steering, and bigger wheels for a smoother ride than an umbrella stroller but still folds compactly.

Nooknookmom
07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm taking DD 14 mo on a trip next month & using our Zippy. It folds SO easy and I can shove everything in it to push it through the airport's.

Maybe you can find one on sale or a used one on CL?

HTH

salsah
07-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm taking DD 14 mo on a trip next month & using our Zippy. It folds SO easy and I can shove everything in it to push it through the airport's.

Maybe you can find one on sale or a used one on CL?

HTH

yes, how could i forget, the zippy is a great option.

Nooknookmom
07-19-2008, 01:55 AM
:) :) :)

I have really used my Zippy for a year and after owning 14+ strollers (whistle, whistle) the Zippy is just really well equipt for every day, travel, shopping, etc. The fold is my fav though.

If the seat could reverse like the new European P3, it would be super duper!

cairo06
07-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks for posting about the new P3 - how am I going to explain to my husband that we need a 3rd child so I can buy a new stroller?

AddiesMom
07-19-2008, 10:35 AM
I couldn't help notice your DH will be lugging the Marathon alone. I travel alot with DD alone and I would not be caught dead lugging the MA through an airport. I bought a Cosco Scenera for flying and it is so much lighter. Plus when I land I don't have to re-install the car seat, I can just throw it in the back and get on my way! One thing is the Scenera does not have shoulder strap covers so I bought them at BRU for about $6. I got a small bungee cord, wrap it around the base and hang it on the back of the stroller at the airport (note will tip if no child in stroller!)

I second a Quest or Triumph for Disney. I have a Techno and had bought a Combi Cosmo for Disney. Last yard sale the Combi was sold and the Techno will be making another trip to Disney in January.

Celsior
07-22-2008, 12:19 AM
That new Peg is coming sooner stateside sooner than you think. As of this writing, I've found only one American site, Goore's, announcing an "early August" arrival of the $599(!) Pliko Switch Completo.

http://www.goores.com/goores/product.asp?s_id=0&pf_id=PADCIAFLNCNONNGB

:) :) :)

I have really used my Zippy for a year and after owning 14+ strollers (whistle, whistle) the Zippy is just really well equipt for every day, travel, shopping, etc. The fold is my fav though.

If the seat could reverse like the new European P3, it would be super duper!

bubbaray
07-22-2008, 12:21 AM
P3 gets my vote (wow the new Euro version is cooooool!). Love the canopy, the toddler step, its plush for my 18mo. Its not tippy.

Nooknookmom
07-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Wow - sweet! DD would love that feature!