PDA

View Full Version : Help - my wonderful sleeper disappeared

nathethegreatsmom
07-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I have a 2.5 DS, that has slept great up until the last 2 months. We set up a bedtime routine when he was 6 mo old and have stuck to it ever since. About 2 months ago, he started having trouble with night terrors (about 1 every 10 - 12 days). We have been able to work thru those ok, but now he wakes up in the middle of the night and won't go back to sleep until somebody comes in and either lays down with him or rubs his back forever (like 30 minutes or so). We have tried spending more time outside in the evening, pushing back his bedtime, music, letting him cry, no tv at night and are at the end of the rope.

We are expecting DS#2 within the next couple of weeks and we are up every night for almost 3 hours trying to get him to go back to sleep. Any ideas? Help, I need to try to get a few more hours of sleep before the baby comes.

Break down of last night. Started bedtime routine 8:00. Still awake at 9:45. Asleep by 10:00. Awake again at 12:10 am. Back to sleep around 3:15. Woke up momentarily at 6:30 when I got out of shower. Back to sleep on his own until 7:45.

Thanks in advance.