PDA

View Full Version : Leaks

ZeeBaby
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
My newborn pees constantly and now we are having a problem with leaks. I am wondering if it is the diaper. We started using the Kirkland dipes a week ago. Anyone else had a leak problem with them? How often do you change your DC? Maybe we aren't changing her frequently enough.

ZeeBaby
07-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Just bumping to see if anyone has any suggestions. We started folding the top down to make it a snugger fit to see if that would help.

jerigirl
07-19-2008, 03:42 PM
If you have a little boy make sure he is pointing down when you diaper him or else you can get leaks at the waistband. Have you tried sizing up on the diaper?

sidmand
07-19-2008, 04:53 PM
What size diaper are you using? Newborn diapers don't hold anything really (couldn't wait to get out of those!). DD is in size 1 and we've been doing okay. I don't think we've had any leaks. A couple of blowouts, but I don't think any diaper existing would have held that (one went all the way up her back! Yuck. More poop than I'd ever seen...but that's another subject).

Some babies fit better/worse in different brands. FWIW DS seemed to fit better into Huggies and so far DD seems to fit better in Pampers. I haven't tried too many generics, but I did just buy some for DS because they didn't have the Huggies. We didn't have any luck with Luvs (gave DS a rash) so I haven't branched out too much because I was in the "if it works, don't fix it" camp. Although it does get expensive!

ZeeBaby
07-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Kirkland has size 1-2, which goes to 15lbs. She is 4 weeks and I think about 9-10 lbs, so I think it was just too loose on her. I guess all diapers will leak. Just gotta change frequently. I liked the Huggies too. If these don't work out, I will go back to those.

sidmand
07-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Kirkland has size 1-2, which goes to 15lbs. She is 4 weeks and I think about 9-10 lbs, so I think it was just too loose on her. I guess all diapers will leak. Just gotta change frequently. I liked the Huggies too. If these don't work out, I will go back to those.

Oh yeah, I think she's probably too little for size 1-2. Usually leaks mean to size up, but in that case, it may just be too loose, even if you fold it over.

Maybe see if you can just try out some size 1s--I don't know if the Kirkland brand comes in straight up 1s--usually they'll let you return diapers for a different size though (if the 1s don't work).

Oh yeah, we probably change DD every three hours or so, except overnight. Some diapers are heavier than others, but so far (knock on wood) no leaks.

DS on the otherhand was the heaviest wetter (still is) I've ever seen! Once he started sleeping longer stretches we HAD to change him though even overnight. I was so glad when he finally fit into Huggies Overnites (which I think start at size 3). Even that didn't work eventually though.

ZeeBaby
07-19-2008, 09:16 PM
We are giving it one more week with the fold-over. If she has another leak problem, we will return the dipes. Costco is great, they take everything back.