PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable Travel Bed

beansprout13
07-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I need to get an inflatable travel bed for DS1 for an upcoming vacation. I know there are a few kinds out there. One Step Ahead has one, but it is backordered until 8/1. Aero Bed also makes a kids inflatable bed and I think there are a few others that do as well.

Any opinions on which one to get. I can wait on the One Step Ahead backorder, but it is cutting it close...

Thanks!

saschalicks
07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
We have kid's Aero bed and really like it.

HTH

hbridge
07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
We have a twin size aerobed that DC sleeps on while traveling. It works wonderfully. We use her twin mattress pads and sheets (or usually just mattress pad and her sleeping bag)! She loves to sleep on it!

lmwbasye
07-17-2008, 08:42 PM
The Kids Aerobed is awesome. We have been using it for around a year and a half now. DS LOVES it and sleeps great in it. Easy and fast set up and take down. I highly recommend it.

Radosti
07-17-2008, 10:12 PM
The kids aerobed is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

bubbaray
07-17-2008, 10:24 PM
We have a Ready bed. Its OK. DD#1 likes it b/c it has Dora on it.

jenmcadams
07-17-2008, 10:52 PM
We have a Ready bed. Its OK. DD#1 likes it b/c it has Dora on it.

We started with a ready bed with my DD when she was 3 and she seemed to always roll off of it. We ended up giving it away and getting a kid's aerobed which we love

s7714
07-18-2008, 12:34 AM
We started with a ready bed with my DD when she was 3 and she seemed to always roll off of it. We ended up giving it away and getting a kid's aerobed which we love

We routinely have to scoop my older DD back onto her Ready Bed, but at least now I know it's not just her, lol! We bought our 3 year old one recently as well, but now I'm wondering if we'll be scooping her up off the floor too! I was thinking we'd roll up some towels and put them under the outer edges of the bed to kind of create a U shape to help minimize the roll outs if she does the same thing.

I keep revisiting the kid sized aero beds but just haven't been able to talk myself into spending the money for them yet. If money was no object I'd definitely go with those!

catpagmo
07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
FYI...
I just ordered one for my DD today. I think I got a pretty good deal. I ordered through Linens 'n Things (www.lnt.com), and they had free shipping, and then I used a 20% off a single item coupon. So, I got it for a total of $69.01 after tax.

I used the code: 26620000008 to get the 20% off, which I found online, and it worked.

HTH!

unlisted
07-19-2008, 11:49 PM
We have a PeaPod. We got ours at Target when we registered but it is the baby size. They also make a larger size for bigger kids. If you Google it, you can find where they sell it.

Swimfreak78
08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
We have a PeaPod. We got ours at Target when we registered but it is the baby size. They also make a larger size for bigger kids. If you Google it, you can find where they sell it.

We have the Peapod plus and love it. We got ours at Safe Beginnings - not sure where you are but we get a discount there through our health insurance making it very affordable. Our four month old loves the bed and we've been using it since he was 2 months old. I do use a waterproof pad under him - purchased at a local B&M store just in case he leaks.

http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?id=848&cat=On%2Dthe%2DGo:) :)

overcome
08-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I would def. purchase one made for kids...my DD slept on a regular blow up mattress while we were on vacation and she rolled out almost every night. I wish I had purchased the one from One Step Ahead...it looked so nice!!

Lindymagoo
08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Amazon has a great deal on the kids aerobed right now...I picked up two of them and saved the $20.00. Ended up paying $40.00 each. Awesome deal. This was also posted on the Bargain Alert page! HTH.