PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Mayhem

Christyscmh
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I swear I could stand outside for an entire evening stark raving naked and the mosquitoes would only bite my feet. I have literally 16 bites (yep, my son counted today) - ONLY on my feet (of course the place you wear socks and shoes and that only proves to irritate them like crazy and then because of them, you can't scratch them anyways!). What is up with this? Ok, vent over. Thanks :32:

R2sweetboys
07-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Mosquitoes suck don't they? We live in Maine, where the state bird should be the mosquito! My DH gets SWARMED by them at all times when he's outdoors. He's like my human Mosquito Magnet when I'm outside with him. :hysterical: Poor guy. I do know what you mean though with the feet/ankle bites. I'm not sure that I've ever had 16(Yikes!) at once, but when I do get bitten it always seems to be there. And yes, it's AWFUL when you have shoes on and can't get to them!

Totally off topic, but I noticed you're in Midlothian, VA. My In-laws are in Chesterfield and the latest news is that my BIL and family are also moving to the area. What do you think about it as a young family? We're visiting again next month and always have a great time buy I'm just curious on your perspective as a resident. Thanks! :)

Christyscmh
07-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Hilarious about the state bird needing to be a mosquito :hysterical: ! I'm originally from another city here in Virginia - more tri-cities area, but not too far from here. I must say, it's a GREAT county! Chesterfield is known for being quiet on crime, great neighborhoods and awesome school systems. I think it's a great place for kids to grow up and to raise a family. Because of my experience here, while I once thought about moving back home, I don't think I ever will--just visit every once in a while. You should take a weekend trip here and check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed :)

mdb78
07-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I hate mosquitos too. Ever since we moved back to FL, we've been fresh meat!