PDA

View Full Version : swim dipes and BF poo

s_gosney
07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
DS is 2 mos old and we have a pool party to go to next week that I thought I might see if he likes/would tolerate the water for a little while. I'm concerned about poop leaks though as I would be horrified if we leaked poop in our friend's pool. So, has anyone tried swim diapers when their baby was EBF? Any opinions on disposable vs reusable for such a young babe?

TIA!

KrisM
07-19-2008, 06:09 PM
We used non-disposible ones at 5 months when DD was still EBF. But, she didn't poop in it at all, so I'm not positive how it would have worked. Seemed snug enough that it would have been fine though.

MontrealMum
07-19-2008, 08:01 PM
We used non-disposible ones at 5 months when DD was still EBF. But, she didn't poop in it at all, so I'm not positive how it would have worked. Seemed snug enough that it would have been fine though.

I have basically the same answer (6 mos.). DS has NEVER pooed while in the pool though - maybe it's the shock of the water? - so I can't truly say how effective they are. I've used both sposies and Kushies reuseables, and both seem very tight.

pb&j
07-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I think the reusable iPlay or Target ones would contain the poo pretty well. Not so for the disposable ones. DS never pooped in the pool while BFed. His pooping was pretty much always associated with feeding, so it was never an issue.

alirebco
07-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I used the Pamper Swimmers and DS pooped and it came out the back, so I definitely don't recommend those! We also have the Target reusable ones but haven't tried them alone as our HOA wants us to use the disposable and cloth ones over them.

s_gosney
07-20-2008, 08:37 PM
I used the Pamper Swimmers and DS pooped and it came out the back, so I definitely don't recommend those! We also have the Target reusable ones but haven't tried them alone as our HOA wants us to use the disposable and cloth ones over them.

hmm...okay, so no pampers swimmers then. Like many of you mentioned, I guess it's quite likely that he won't poop. During the day now he usually only does tiny poops and you usually know in advance if something more is coming, so that will help. I'll pick up the target reusable early this week and give it a go in our little wading pool where the stakes are lower.

Thanks everyone!

SAHMIL
07-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Call me a bit neurotic, but I use the Huggies Little Swimmers diapers and they are AWESOME!! (really snug) And then I put the 'swim diaper" that I got from Target over it.

I guess I"m someone who is super neurotic about this b/c of the fact that I read the stories about how E.Coli poisoning happens from swimming pools.

CiderLogan
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I also layer: sposie swim diaper (usually Huggies), reusable swim diaper or rubber pants, then swimsuit. Has kept runny toddler poop in pretty well so far! Be warned, though, that none of these keep in pee, so you'll want to use a regular diaper when not in the pool.

s_gosney
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks. Maybe I'll do the layering for extra protection. I asked the ped yesterday about letting him in a pool and she said not until next summer. That sounds overly conservative to me, but what do I know...

I also wonder about the pee. Should I point out to our friends that it doesn't hold pee and that he's pretty much guaranteed to pee in their pool? They do have a dd, so surely they're aware of that.