PDA

View Full Version : BOB Revolution or Baby Jogger Q Series??

jgenie
07-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm ready to buy a jogging stroller to get out with my LO. I have it narrowed down to the Bob Revolution and the Baby Jogger Q Series. Do you have either of these? If so, please tell me your experience with your stroller.

I like the Bob, but wonder if the swivel wheel that locks is effective if I plan to put in 3 mile runs 3 or 4 times a week.

The Baby Jogger also looks nice, but I wonder if the lack of shocks makes it ineffective for jogging on the occasional unpaved trail. I will mostly be running on paved paths, but would like to occasionally hit an unpaved path. Also, I think one of these doesn't have shocks - is that a problem for you if you jog?

I'm a jogger not a runner - generally 10 minute miles or slower.

Thanks for any input you can give.

shoremom
07-19-2008, 11:24 PM
I have the bob revolution and I Love it!:love5: It is such a smooth ride and it feels very responsive to me. The front tire locks very easily. We also like it for the walks on the boardwalk. The height is not adjustable, but both my husband and I still comfortably push it.

I don't have any experience with the baby joggers.

jgenie
07-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Do you jog with it?

pb&j
07-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I have jogged with my BOB Rev, and it's been fine. Short runs, pavement only, and I'm slow. It's been great to have the versatility of the swivel wheel for walks and general use. I probably have used it more in swivel than locked mode. The suspension on the BOB is amazing. I didn't want a dedicated running stroller - I needed something that could multitask, and the BOB fit the bill. I know some have complained of wobbling, but I think I'm just to slow to get any wobble, b/c I've always had a smooth ride. If you can find one to test drive or borrow and take your DC in it, it might be a good idea.

I haven't used the Q series. I did have a secondhand 20" Baby Jogger II, and it was totally overkill for me. Incredibly smooth on any surface, though, but pretty much useless for anything other than running, which, if you're a serious fast, distance runner, might be fine.