PDA

View Full Version : BRU Returns

ZeeBaby
07-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Has anyone tried to return an item with no box at BRU? We received the Safety 1st complete bath care system as a shower gift. It was off of our registry so there is proof of where it was purchased, but it leaks and DH threw out the box.

kayte
07-20-2008, 05:36 PM
I haven't done that specifically but I have good luck with calling and speaking to the manager first before coming to the store. Perhaps you could call and explain the situation...

KrisM
07-21-2008, 08:14 AM
nak
And, if bru doesn't take it back, call the compant. I bet they make it right.

lorinick
07-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Has anyone tried to return an item with no box at BRU? We received the Safety 1st complete bath care system as a shower gift. It was off of our registry so there is proof of where it was purchased, but it leaks and DH threw out the box.
I work at BRU we take everything back. But they do have the right to refuse any return. Do you return often? Who told you you couldn't return this item? Did you just want another tub? Did you speak with a manager?

BRU will change return policy on Aug. 10th. No return without a receipt. But on a registry they will if it shows purchased. I'm not sure how strict it will be at first.

I would call or go back try to return again. If you run into the same problem ask to speak with a manager. I can't see why you would have a problem exchanging a tub if it leaks. They going to send it back to the company as an RGD anyway. Goodluck.

mdb78
07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
We received a stroller (Jeep 3 wheeler) from BRU for our baby shower. A month after we assembled it and threw out the box we found out that it barely fit in our truck. So we decided to give it a try and return it and they took it back without any problem. The stroller was also on our registry, but we never mentioned it to them.

BTW, this was also over a year ago before they started the no receipt/ no return policy. In CA they started that policy I think around December. Since it was on your registry, I don't think you should have a problem according to their policy.

ZeeBaby
07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded. I took the advice and brought it back and they took it back with no problems and gave me a store credit!

lorinick
07-21-2008, 04:41 PM
We received a stroller (Jeep 3 wheeler) from BRU for our baby shower. A month after we assembled it and threw out the box we found out that it barely fit in our truck. So we decided to give it a try and return it and they took it back without any problem. The stroller was also on our registry, but we never mentioned it to them.

BTW, this was also over a year ago before they started the no receipt/ no return policy. In CA they started that policy I think around December. Since it was on your registry, I don't think you should have a problem according to their policy.
The new policy has not started yet. 8/10/08 it will start. I'm not surprise they took your stroller back. They are know for taking things back. TRU is a no rec. no return policy. BRU will be no return if it's not on Registry and doesn't show as purchased. I'm interested to see how that goes. Currently they take back just about anything. Things I would never take back. I can't even explain the things I've seen.

lorinick
07-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded. I took the advice and brought it back and they took it back with no problems and gave me a store credit!
That's good!

mdb78
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
The new policy has not started yet. 8/10/08 it will start. I'm not surprise they took your stroller back. They are know for taking things back. TRU is a no rec. no return policy. BRU will be no return if it's not on Registry and doesn't show as purchased. I'm interested to see how that goes. Currently they take back just about anything. Things I would never take back. I can't even explain the things I've seen.

I don't think that start date is nationwide. They started S. CA (well L.A. area) around Dec.. I tried returning something back then without a receipt and as it turns out, it was the day after the policy started so they would not take it back. In the last few months, I've also seen posts from other people complaining about the policy.