PDA

View Full Version : Cedarworks owners- need help with smaller details

toby
07-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I think that we have finally narrowed things down to a small Cedarworks set. I have scoured past threads, but still have a few questions.

-What are your general thoughts about the rope ladder and does it get much use?

-type of swing- DS (3.5) is not a very proficient swinger and I was wondering about going with the Sling Swing. Are older kids still happy with the Sling, or do they prefer the Poly?

-DS tried out a set and since the set was a little bit wet, he kept slipping on the rungs. Do you find that this is a problem for your kids?

-We are thinking of just having 2 swings on the 3 swing ladder because the swings seem so close otherwise. Thoughts on this?

Thanks so much for your help!

AngelaS
07-20-2008, 07:55 PM
We don't have a rope ladder. I know that our rock wall gets tons of use, but that's not your question. LOL

We have two of the fabric sling swings (I think that's what they're called). My 3.5 yo uses them as well as my 10.5 yo. It's all they've know and they like them fine. My 3.5 yo has learned to swing well in them and now goes scary high!

Our set is older and our rungs are wood. They might get a little slippery but honestly, in the 9 years we've had our set, we've NEVER had a fall!

We have three swings on a 3 spot overhead ladder---sling,horse,sling. They all get simultaneously used and I don't worry about it any more. I love to look out and see all three girls swinging super high and loving it. Honestly, this set gets played on daily and has been worth every penny!

toby
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the helpful info., Angela. The rungs on the current swing sets are aluminum so maybe that is why they are slippery.

Does anyone out there have a rope ladder??

Karenn
07-21-2008, 10:42 PM
We don't have a cedarworks set, but we did buy the costco set a few years back and it has a rope ladder. It's similar to the sets #16, 17, 18 & 19 pictured here: http://www.rainbowplay.com/index.php/swing-sets/

My kids do enjoy the rope ladder and lately, it's been getting quite a bit of use, but that's mostly because of it's proximity to the slide. They love the challenge of getting themselves from the rope ladder, onto the slide and into the fort. It takes a bit more work than climbing the rockwall.

carolines mommy
08-02-2008, 08:58 PM
My daughters have slipped on the rungs, but that was easily solved by getting the no-slip grip tape at Home Depot. We applied it to the tops of the rungs and no slips since. They were 2 and 3 1/2 last year when we did this. We have 2 sling swings and a wooden swing on our set plus the horse swing (or whatever that 2 person swing/glider thing is called). They love the sling swings and as a mommy with hips I love the wooden swing. We are also considering adding on the rope ladder or rock wall. Haven't decided yet.

sbirmantaz
08-03-2008, 05:22 PM
We have the wooden swing and the girls like it, they swing on their bellies and now my 5 yr old can swing regularly too. We also have the horse and that is very popular! Our rock wall got used surprisingly when the girls were only 3 and 4, which I thought wouldn't happen. Have you looked at the rollicking roundabout? I want to add that to ours sometime.

toby
08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
The no-slip tape is a great idea. It stays on well even though it is outside?

The rollicking roundabout does look like fun, but DS is cautious and we are trying to keep the cost down, so we will get the rope ladder for now.

I love hearing what other people have!

KHF
08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
We have 3 poly swings on our set and our almost 3 year old DD can use them just fine now. She has just recently learned to swing at all, so they must not be that difficult to use. We have not had a problem with me, DH and DD on the swings all at once. We all had plenty of room.

We don't have the rope ladder, as we just got a basic set to see how we would like it. We have the jungle tower with sure step system and ground floor, the CW Slider, a rascal ramp and the 3 swing ladder with slant ladder on the other side. We'll have plenty of room to alter/expand if needed as she gets older.

We aren't sure about the "slippery" factor on the rungs yet, as she still uses the Sure Step or the Rascal Ramp to climb right now.