PDA

View Full Version : Video Baby Monitors

slb
07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi, i am looking for a video baby monitor. Has anyone tried out the new one by Saftey 1st?

alirebco
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
We have the Summer Infant handheld one and love it. Our friends have the Safety 1st and like it too.

slb
07-22-2008, 04:33 PM
thank you!

ahrimie
09-30-2008, 06:35 AM
i know it's been awhile, but i thought i'd thrown in a review for both monitors you mentioned.. i just tried them both!

safety first, video monitor - first of all, it's like a time warp into the 1950s.. the screen is mega huge, which i didn't mind at first bc it worked just fine. it's not a totally clear picture but it did it's job for about the first month. after that, the monitor would just go bonkers... sometimes worked, sometimes not. mostly, we had to position is JUST RIGHT, maybe put a hand here or there to get a picture. so i returned it..

summer's video monitor, lcd screen - this is the big one, not the handheld. personally, i liked having the big monitor in my room and a sound one downstairs. during the night when my lo would stir and make noise, i could easily see in the monitor if she was trying to go back to sleep or truly awake. the picture is sooo much better than the safety 1st.. very clear and the screen is a flat screen too. it is definitely pricier ($279.99 at BRU) but my husband and i both really like it. if you spend money on a video monitor, it's only worth it if you can SEE.. so glad we returned the safety 1st one. also, i like how this one comes with another parent unit, though it's only sound... we use it downstairs so when i put my lo down for naps, i just go up when she starts stirring.