PDA

View Full Version : Buying airline ticket for a child...?'s

wendibird22
07-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Last time we flew to Orlando with DD she was only 6 mos old and we didn't buy her a seat. She'll be 18mos next time we fly and we will be buying her a seat. I've noticed that some websites ask for # of adult and # of child and other's just ask for # of adults. So, if it doesn't give a "child" choice then do I book her as an adult? I thought some airlines offered discounted flights for children? Or has this gone by the wayside along with every other convenience?

egoldber
07-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Most airlines no longer give discounted fares for children. Sorry.

hillview
07-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Never ever had a discounted fare for DSs. And yes I just book DSs as adults but then I call and have them changed to children. I save the booking on the phone fee but they will then try to make sure you stay seated together etc.
/hillary

firsttimemama
07-20-2008, 09:56 PM
southwest has infant fares available on the phone if you ask
maybe you have to ask on the phone for other airlines too? I just flew with DS yesterday and he was on an infant fare on southwest

aim3304
07-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, Southwest has infant fares, but when we looked into, it was cheaper (at least at that time) to just by an adult far ticket online with the online rates. So, you might want to compare before you book anything.