PDA

View Full Version : Natural body wash/shampoo/

niccig
07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
We use CA baby for DS, but the bodywash and shampoo DH and I use are not natural products. I want to find something else. So I'm looking for a body wash that isn't drying and shampoo and conditioner. DH is already pooh poohing the idea, but he'll get over it.

MommyAllison
07-22-2008, 06:49 PM
We use Naturally Luxe products for baby wash & body wash. www.naturallyluxe.com Love them, and Whitney is a sweetheart. She does offer shampoo & conditioner too, which I hear raves about though I haven't tried them. And I love her Yuzu scent :)

JBaxter
07-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I like Jason's body wash. http://www.jason-natural.com/products/beauty_bath.php

brittone2
07-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Giovanni body wash, Zum soap, locally made goat milk soap

I use Giovanni for shampoo and occasional conditioner (my hair is pixie short right now so I don't need much condish). Not all of the Giovanni products are rated the same for ingredients, so poke around at the EWG skindeep database a bit if you go that route.

spencersmommy
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I bought the Burt's Bees shampoo and body wash. Not a fan of either, especially the shampoo! My DH said my hair looked unwashed a few hours after I washed with it! No lather, which I know is how the natural shampoos are without the SLS stuff. But it's pretty bad. The body wash is pretty watery. No smell.
I tried the Kiss My Face everyday shampoo and liked it better. I want to try the Jason brand next.
LOVE the CA Baby stuff for my kids!

citymama
07-25-2008, 06:36 PM
I also like the Giovanni products - the moisturizing shampoo and cond. and the 50-50 as well.

Tammy
07-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Like one of the PP, I tried the Burt's Bees shampoo and did not like it. At first I thought okay, not much lather but I can work with this. But then I noticed after a few days the buildup on my hair (I use hairspray). So I went back to my old shampoo til I find another "good" one, but I do still use the BB conditioner. I've heard good things about the Kiss... one so maybe I'll try that one next.
I use CA on DD and it does very well. I have a few of their products and like them. But I haven't used it on myself.

caheinz
07-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Another fan of Jason's here -- both for body wash and hair products.

emilys_mom
07-27-2008, 05:59 PM
I have the Bert's Bees and agree with the PP on the build up issue. Just trying to run through it so I can try something else. I do like the BB conditioner, though...

supercalifragilous
07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I've been noticing the Giovanni products @ Costco but balked at the expense. I'll try them out now! DD's been needing shampoo+conditioner too - the Desert Essence Organics stuff smells & works great but is soooo pricey! I stocked up when it went on sale @ Super Supplements a while back, but haven't seen any sales since then!