PDA

View Full Version : Please, DS2, please take the pacifier!

beansprout13
07-22-2008, 08:46 PM
DS2, I have now spent about $40 on assorted pacifiers for you. Please, please take one of them! I know you would be much happier if you would! I am not, I repeat, I am not a pacifier. I have no problem with the occasional comfort nursing, but I am not available for this on a 24/7 basis. Please just take one pacifier, just one!!

lizajane
07-22-2008, 09:23 PM
please, please little baby, TAKE DYLAN'S PACIFIER!!! he is THREE and a HALF!!!

kedss
07-22-2008, 09:45 PM
yeah, Hannah won't take a paci either, its a bummer, but she doesnt comfort nurse that much, she's just hungry all the friggin' time!

(nak)...sigh

kozachka
07-23-2008, 03:16 AM
Hugs. Some kids never take a pacifier BUT your DS is very close to the age when he should start comforting himself by sucking on his thumb/fingers. So just hang in there.

It was tough for me in the beginning because I chose not to give DS a pacifier but so much easier later. He never lost his thumb and we had no issues weaning him off a paci. He also did not take to a bottle as I guess sucking on a rubber is not as nice as mommy so I am not sure he would have ever taken a paci even if we tried.

tnrnchick74
07-23-2008, 05:01 AM
DS2, I have now spent about $40 on assorted pacifiers for you. Please, please take one of them! I know you would be much happier if you would! I am not, I repeat, I am not a pacifier. I have no problem with the occasional comfort nursing, but I am not available for this on a 24/7 basis. Please just take one pacifier, just one!!

Our babies are very close to the same age. Parker was born 5/27/08. He's JUST NOW finding his fist & able to straighten the thumb without assistance...so just hold tight, I bet your DC will find a favorite hand/thumb/ other body part! And Parker's "favorite" paci changes daily...I wish he would choose one!

wendibird22
07-23-2008, 07:11 AM
My DD never took a paci. She sucked her fist for a short time and she never was keen for her fingers or thumb either (until teething started). Any time DD hit a growth spurt I felt like a human pacifier but I kept telling myself that it was necessary for DD's growth and for increasing my milk to accommodate this new growth. Hang in there mama. It'll get better!

KrisM
07-23-2008, 09:10 AM
We've only tried 1 brand so far and he doesn't really like it at all. I am wondering if we should push it and try other brands or not. He's only 9 days so far and doesn't comfort nurse too much yet.

DS1 took a paci right away and it was a nightmare - we had to take it away cold turkey at 4 months because we were up 25 times a night putting it back in!

DD took one right away too and she just gave it up on her own at 2 years. It's the same brand that I bought for DS2 and she hasn't even thought of putting it in her mouth, even though she was using them 3 weeks ago.