PDA

View Full Version : new version of 7the generation diapers?

kat_eye21
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I read reviews on diapers.com about a "new and improved" version of Seventh generation diapers- so far people there didn't seem to like them: larger tabs with less stretch, smaller sizing and less absorbant.

The old version leaked alot for my son due to poor fit I think so I am wondering if maybe I will like the new fit.

Anyone tried the new version and liked it?

lisams
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Just got my Amazon subscribe and save order so I can compare the new and old ones (I still have some from the "old" batch). We only use disposable at night, when we're out for a long time or on vacation so I can't say anything about how they work yet, but here are the differences that I notice:

The tabs are wider and a little less stretchy, not a huge difference though

The crotch is more narrow. When you hold the old and new next to each other when they're still folded, the crotch part is more cut out, less rectangular looking I guess is the best way to describe it.

There are less diapers per pack. In size 5 there are now 26 compared to 30 diapers in the older packs. Bummer since I'm paying the same price.

I'll get back when we've used them for a few nights and outings and let you know how they perform.

kat_eye21
07-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks Lisa!

Please do update when you get the chance.
Also, would it be possible to post pics of the two diapers? I am trying to decide if I should give the 7G another try

lisams
08-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Sorry I didn't get back sooner! We've been using the new Seventh Generation diapers for while we're out and about for longer than a few hours and they've held up great - no leaks at all. As a matter of fact, I like them better than the older ones. They seem to fit more like Pampers Cruisers, a little less bulky and maybe a little less "stiff". I actually like the wider tabs also, I think it helps make a snugger fit all around.

So I'm giving the new and improved Seventh Generation diapers a big thumbs up!

kat_eye21
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Lisa for the update. I actually went out and bought some last week but had to buy a size 3 since BRU was out of size 2. I heard the new version runs small so I figured it was ok even though DS is only 14 lbs.

Well the diapers look HUGE but I made them as snug as I could and I had no leaks overnight. We had one leak this morning but DH put the diaper on and I think he didn't do it right.

But I found size 2 at whole foods yesterday and bought it and it leaked overnight and leaked from the top at 3 places when he pooped!
So I guess you need to size up with these dipes.

Do you agree Lisa? Its a shame since I lose 5 dipes ny sizing up and they still look huge on him!

lisams
08-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks Lisa for the update. I actually went out and bought some last week but had to buy a size 3 since BRU was out of size 2. I heard the new version runs small so I figured it was ok even though DS is only 14 lbs.

Well the diapers look HUGE but I made them as snug as I could and I had no leaks overnight. We had one leak this morning but DH put the diaper on and I think he didn't do it right.

But I found size 2 at whole foods yesterday and bought it and it leaked overnight and leaked from the top at 3 places when he pooped!
So I guess you need to size up with these dipes.

Do you agree Lisa? Its a shame since I lose 5 dipes ny sizing up and they still look huge on him!

I've always had to buy a size up with the Seventh Generation diapers, even with the old style. DS could wear a size 4 in Pampers Cruisers but needs a 5 in the SG ones. I do think the newer style is a smidge smaller, but I think the biggest difference is they feel thinner to me. I hope that the size up works out for you, but that is a bummer that you get less diapers for the same price.