PDA

View Full Version : how much would you pay for used 2006 maclaren techno xt?

sste
07-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi, I am thinking about buying a used Maclaren 2006 xt with comfort pack. The seller wants $140 and claims it has never been used (more likely it was used infrequently). The 2006 xt has a great hood, does not have the linked brakes, has in my opinion an easier to use harness than the 2008.

I would prefer to pay a little less than $140 (I am in a large city with lots of craigslist stroller postings and I can get new in box 2007 maclaren xt from an authorized maclaren online retailer for $219 with the 1-year warranty).

How much would you offer the seller for the used 2006 techno xt? Please advise!

WatchingThemGrow
07-23-2008, 06:16 AM
You can always tell them you are on the fence and want to know their absolute, rock bottom price. I hardly ever pay the "asking" price on CL. FWIW, I went back and forth about buying an 06 Twin Techno for $175, but DH asked me to live with our one double before seeing if we needed a second. (I would say lightweight, but the TTechno is not lightweight.)

kijip
07-23-2008, 11:16 AM
We sold our 2004 Techno XT for $100 and it had been used heavily. Now that a baby is on the way, we just bought a 2006 Techno for $80 used. However it is in need of a little TLC (just a little, nothing major wrong with it) We sold and bought on Craigslist. For one in excellent condition, I'd pay $120 or thereabouts. I'd expected to be haggled down on the one I sold, but I must have got the shy buyer.

sste
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I should add that the seller just emailed me that she can't find the rain hood (this is not a small deal in Chicago!). Do you think $100 is a reasonable offer based on this new information?

kijip
07-24-2008, 01:23 AM
I should add that the seller just emailed me that she can't find the rain hood (this is not a small deal in Chicago!). Do you think $100 is a reasonable offer based on this new information?
I don't know if I would try to get a lot lower on the price for the missing rain hood. Maybe $10 less than you would otherwise be willing to spend? I live in Seattle and have to say our rain thing was NOT used as often as I thought it would be, even though we walked in the rain a lot. I found my son did not like being in that plastic bubble and the cover on the Mac only shields the open part over the kid- it is the actual stroller shade/canopy protecting their head from the rain. We used a Techno for 2+ years in a legendarily rainy city without remembering the rain cover often.