PDA

View Full Version : Help--Storing FP Little People Sets

theweebee
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
My mother unloaded all my old Fisher Price Little People sets on us, which DD loves (and seems safe to play with--she's old enough and not one to put things in her mouth, so I don't think she'd choke on the vintage Little People). The problem is that I can't find places to store the big playsets like the house, garage, airport, village, etc. We don't have a play room. I'm thinking of getting another toy box, but don't know where I'd put it, and I'm concerned it would get filled up quickly with just a couple playsets. Anyone out there with suggestions?

sste
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Are the little people the finger-sized figure with with the round bottom that you place in round holes in various sets (schoolhouse, treehouse, etc)? If so, we had my childhood collection tested and some pieces contained cadmium and I think something contained lead. I would just be very sure that your DC doesn't put any of them in his or her mouth.

I hope I am thinking of the right toy and am not scaring you unnecessarily.

ShanaMama
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
How about on shelves? I actually have an office max bookcase holding DD's big toys. It's tall and very sturdy, the shelves are deep enough for books, puzzles or our FP LP Zoo or Jungle, whatever it is. DD can reach all but the top two shelves.

traciann
07-23-2008, 12:44 AM
I store all DD's little people sets on closet shelves. When dd wants something down, she just asks for it. I started do this because our house was for sale and wanted it off the floor. Its working so well I will keep it that way.