PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a good slip cover?

wendibird22
07-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Looking to cover my 7 year old sofa, but I generally hate the look of slipcovers. I was hoping to find something that doesn't look like I draped a sheet over it. My couch is a standard length, 2 cushion, with 2 detached pillow backs. I like the look of the PB ones (that have separate cushion covers), but at that price I could buy a new sofa. Any suggestions?

LBW
07-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Can you have one made locally? I think that's the only way to get a really tailored look in a slipcover. The one-size-fits most ones never seem to stay neat even if you get them looking great when you first put them on.

Globetrotter
07-23-2008, 11:32 AM
I bought new PB slipcovers off Ebay! They were MUCH MUCH cheaper that way. In fact, that reminds me that I need to get my act together and list some of the ones we hardly used!

Kris

katerinasmom
07-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I also hate the look of slipcovers but I saw these stretch slipcovers advertised in this weeks' Target ad and thought maybe I might try them. I haven't tried them yet so I can't give you any feedback but I throw it out there as an option.

http://www.target.com/Stretch-Rib-Slipcover-Collection-Beach/dp/B000EFBKPA/sr=1-11/qid=1216827435/ref=sr_1_11/601-7275515-3469751?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aslip%20cover&page=1

Happy 2B mommy
07-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I tried the Target 2-piece stretch cover one and am really impressed! On sale this week for $90. I don't have a pillow-back sofa, so I'm not sure what that will look like; but on my camel back, t-cushion sofa it looked very tailored and not sloppy at all - almost like I had a new sofa.

My only complaint is that if you have cats, cat hair really sticks to the ribbed material. I returned the light beige one for the dark brown. Target took it back, no problem (I had it for a day).

I also considered the 2 piece stretch Sure-Fit ones from Bed, Bath and Beyond. About $120 and you can use their coupons. Some nicer colors than Target.

Mikey0709
07-24-2008, 09:41 AM
I agree - i hated the look of slipcovers too, but needed them because of my DOG who was trying to ruin my couch! I actually got a great corduroy one from LL Bean. In the catalog they were a fortune, but we had an LL Bean outlet nearby and I think i got them for a steal....so check and maybe you have an outlet near you? The corduroy was VERY thick and heavy, therefore didn't look at drapy as other covers i tried, and really protected the couch. In fact, after seeing the quality i may have even purchased full price.