PDA

View Full Version : Could this be chicken pox?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
DD has been a bit cranky the last few days with a runny nose. I thought she was getting a cold. Yesterday she got a pink bump on her face that I thought was a pimple. Well, this morning I noticed two red bumps on her belly. By nap time, she has 4 on her belly, 5 on her upper leg, and two on her back. They just look like red bumps, no pus, crust, anything like that. She was vaccinated but I know that kids can still get it. Could it be chicken pox? She is napping now or I would take a pic.

egoldber
07-23-2008, 01:20 PM
It sounds more like a random viral infection.

kristenk
07-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I was about 17 or 18 when I got chicken pox. They started as little red spots, mainly on my abdomen and chest. I wouldn't have thought they were chicken pox if I hadn't recently babysat for kids who "were getting over chicken pox but no longer contagious." (Yeah, that was quite the thing to find out about when I walked into the house.:32: )

The bumps sound like they could be chicken pox. I don't know about the runny nose, though.

ThreeofUs
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Doesn't sound like Chicken Pox to me, but it does sound like a trip to the ped's office, just in case.