PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for DD2 3rd bday gift?

Twoboos
07-23-2008, 02:06 PM
The challenge: We also have a 4.5yo dd. So we have (what seems like) a bazillion girl toys.

We have: tea set, kitchen & accessories, doll beds, lego table, table/chairs, Mr Potatoheads, little people sets, kid play house, dressup galore, cash register, strollers, nice baby dolls, stuffed animals, books, crafts, hand me down trike and small bike, basic games (candyland, chutes/ladders, etc).... help?

I am thinking maybe Build-a-bear (thanks to a thread here, I have no original ideas that don't start w/BBB!! :)), but then I probably have to take DD1, too. Seems cruel not to, as they've never been before. but then it's not special for DD2.

Poor second child!! :) Any ideas? This would be for us to give as well as ideas for other family members who ask. So any/all price ranges.

citymama
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Cute raincoat and rain boots? Balance bike? (Thinking about things my DD covets!)

kedss
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
music box?

a reallly big stuffed animal? when i was a kid i had a huge red panda bear that was taller than me, and I could sit in its lap, very cool, it just depends how much room you have

her own special chair?

brittone2
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
DS got a Puky balance bike for his 3rd bday, and that was the perfect time for us. He was able to glide for pretty long distances within about 2 months, and he's very conservative w/ safety, etc.

Twoboos
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Cute raincoat and rain boots? Balance bike? (Thinking about things my DD covets!)

Have rain boots and coat, although maybe we could upgrade to cuter coat.

Hmmmm... balance bike. Will go on the list!

Twoboos
07-23-2008, 03:07 PM
music box?
-have it, jewerly box w/music box.

a reallly big stuffed animal?
-all set with large stuffed animals. Each DD had a giant dog, bigger than them. (thank you uncle, you'll get yours when you have kids!! :))

her own special chair?
- Have it, but she's been begging for an upgrade to a PBK one like her sister's. Although there's nothing wrong w/the OshKosk one she has, so this one is tough...

brittone2
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Special piece of jewelry? Chasingfireflies usually has some cool engraved pieces. I'd probably get inspiration there and then find an etsy mama to make something similar for me (something like an engraved plate with a cool quote, etc. and a ribbon to hold it on as a bracelet).

I'm picturing something like this:
http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/prodinfo.asp?number=23278&top=

(obviously only worn while supervised and not swinging from the monkeybars).

Pettiskirt?

Art supplies/easel?

edited to fix link

lorinick
07-23-2008, 03:30 PM
I must be a bad mommy. I never buy my kids anything for their birthday. We throw them a party. They get so much stuff. I would have the same problem what to buy. I already buy all that they need. And since DS#1 is 8 he gets expensive kid parties. He just had one and made out very well. There is nothing else he needs. He still has gift cards left. DS#2 is turning one in a two weeks. I will not buy him anything either. Were having a large pool party/birthday party. Renting tables, chair and catrering. He'll get plenty. He needs nothing. The party will be his gift.

Twoboos
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I must be a bad mommy. I never buy my kids anything for their birthday. We throw them a party. They get so much stuff. I would have the same problem what to buy. I already buy all that they need. And since DS#1 is 8 he gets expensive kid parties. He just had one and made out very well. There is nothing else he needs. He still has gift cards left. DS#2 is turning one in a two weeks. I will not buy him anything either. Were having a large pool party/birthday party. Renting tables, chair and catrering. He'll get plenty. He needs nothing. The party will be his gift.

Not a bad mommy at all! We're just not having a big party for her. But relatives still want to get her something, kwim? I don't think we've gotten DD1 something ourselves since she started having larger kid-parties. You are right, tons of stuff from those!!!

Twoboos
07-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Special piece of jewelry?
-hmmm maybe! And chasing fireflies is definitely more for inspiration than buying around here! :)

Pettiskirt?
- Have them, homemade by grandma, who used to squaredance

Art supplies/easel?
- have it.

UGH, I have officially used all good BBB ideas for DD1!!!!! <sigh>

traciann
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I would get her the PBK chair she has been begging for. Seems like a great idea to me, even though she doesn't *need* a new chair.

I personally wouldn't take her to Build a Bear and have her sister tag alog for one too. It just doesn't seem special. I am a middle child, and I know how important it was for me to have something all my own. If you did do dd2, you could always take dd1 on her birthday or something special like that.

WatchingThemGrow
07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
a set of playsilks?